Laser Stippling

Broc

NES Member
Hi,

Does anyone know of a place in New England that does Laser Stippling?

I would rather not ship a gun and would also like to keep the business local.

"hi"...jesus mr. iglesias, i had to double check your nes born on date, i thought you were a newbie and just joined today. so, maybe you meant "high"?

call lou biondo at bec. i'd bet he at least knows someone that could do it for you. he has a lot of resources at hand. greg also.

Are you doing it for aesthetics or for grip? If you're doing grip, honestly the soldering iron/wood burning stuff is generally somewhat better and more aggressive.

Are you doing it for aesthetics or for grip? If you're doing grip, honestly the soldering iron/wood burning stuff is generally somewhat better and more aggressive.
I'm building a gun for a buddy as a gift so I want to put a nice design on the grip.

Might not be immediately relevant, but worth pointing out. Careful if that happens to be a P80. The polymer is inferior to OEM Glock/Sig/S&W, and can deform rather easily at the same laser wattage. If the stippler has no experience in this matter, you could end up with a melted pile of goo.

"hi"...jesus mr. iglesias, i had to double check your nes born on date, i thought you were a newbie and just joined today. so, maybe you meant "high"?

call lou biondo at bec. i'd bet he at least knows someone that could do it for you. he has a lot of resources at hand. greg also.
I can confirm Lou hand stipples only. He just did a Glock frame for me. Came out amazing though.
received_1367974996720195.jpegreceived_678551079351957.jpeg

Might not be immediately relevant, but worth pointing out. Careful if that happens to be a P80. The polymer is inferior to OEM Glock/Sig/S&W, and can deform rather easily at the same laser wattage. If the stippler has no experience in this matter, you could end up with a melted pile of goo.
That is good to know, thank you.

I have a harbor freight grinder with a 36 grit disc that will do a fine stipple job.
Adds $100 of market value to any polymer framed firearm.

never been a fan of stippling. most of them look sloppy, done by a kid with his new wood burning tool. BUT...that example of lou's work is right on, i'd have it done on mine no proplem. then i saw the laser stuff, like it so much i thought about for a second. didn't see a price list, gotta be expensive.

I'm assuming its not a Sig, since in that case you can just send the grip module for $5 USPS priority mail.
Not a Sig. A Glock. But it is good to know about the SIG, I didnt know I could do that.

A SIG build is in the near future.

never been a fan of stippling. most of them look sloppy, done by a kid with his new wood burning tool. BUT...that example of lou's work is right on, i'd have it done on mine no proplem. then i saw the laser stuff, like it so much i thought about for a second. didn't see a price list, gotta be expensive.
Most laser stuff I found online is between $100-150 maybe $200 depending on the design. This is only the plastic frame.

I havent seen one in person, but the pictures look great.

Most laser stuff I found online is between $100-150 maybe $200 depending on the design. This is only the plastic frame.

I havent seen one in person, but the pictures look great.
yeah, the plastic. that's all i meant. i don't think laser etching on metal looks good, but rather cheap. old school here, i like hand engraved. i have one example i had done, my trigger guard for a krieghoff. a guy named kurt horvath did it before he was a name in the field.
i paid $150 plus i had to buy the extra trigger guard. i'd hate to imagine what this tiny piece of engraving would cost now. someday i'll photograph this and show you guys.

yeah, the plastic. that's all i meant. i don't think laser etching on metal looks good, but rather cheap. old school here, i like hand engraved. i have one example i had done, my trigger guard for a krieghoff. a guy named kurt horvath did it before he was a name in the field.
i paid $150 plus i had to buy the extra trigger guard. i'd hate to imagine what this tiny piece of engraving would cost now. someday i'll photograph this and show you guys.
I am the same way with metal. I like to see the depth of the engraving, I dont like shallow laser engraving.

Back
Top Bottom