• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Last day in the Crown Vic....

KMM696

NES Member
Just finished up my last ride in my town's ’94 Crown Vic……and it wasn’t the sort of ride that’s going to make me miss it.

Had to jump it to get it going, spent most of the shift wondering if the battery was ever going to charge, hoping the horrific stench from the catalytic converter was ever going to go away (no, as it turned out); bad alignment kept pushing the car toward the trick-or-treaters, no radios, wipers were shot, dim headlights until the last 30 minutes when the battery finally caught up.

On Monday, it turns into an ’09 Tahoe!

Still, I’m going to miss the dinosaur just a little. It was my first cruiser, after all.

I'm pretty sure the town got their money's worth out of it. [wink]

if you're running an 870 / m4 variant, etc. and need a gun rack / lock for the tahoe, go here:

http://www.santacruzgunlocks.com/setups/complete/complete.html

let me know what you need on Monday by calling and asking for John Barger. we'll hook you up. [wink]

Thanks for the link - I think we're reusing the old rack, but I'll check!

Is it a two wheel drive police package? They are a big improvement over the crown vic.

Four wheel drive - we've got lousy weather and worse roads, so most winters the Crown Vic would just sit, as no one wanted to drive it. With the Tahoe and Explorer 4wds, we should be in good shape for once.

if you're running an 870 / m4 variant, etc. and need a gun rack / lock for the tahoe, go here:

http://www.santacruzgunlocks.com/setups/complete/complete.html

let me know what you need on Monday by calling and asking for John Barger. we'll hook you up. [wink]
You answered a question I hadn't asked: I've been looking for something to lock up a shotgun in my closet more robust than the Mossberg setup!

http://www.santacruzgunlocks.com/setups/select/home.html

home.html

As far as the '94, you've probably arrested people that are younger than that cruiser!

Just finished up my last ride in my town's ’94 Crown Vic……and it wasn’t the sort of ride that’s going to make me miss it.

Had to jump it to get it going, spent most of the shift wondering if the battery was ever going to charge, hoping the horrific stench from the catalytic converter was ever going to go away (no, as it turned out); bad alignment kept pushing the car toward the trick-or-treaters, no radios, wipers were shot, dim headlights until the last 30 minutes when the battery finally caught up.

On Monday, it turns into an ’09 Tahoe!

Still, I’m going to miss the dinosaur just a little. It was my first cruiser, after all.

I'm pretty sure the town got their money's worth out of it. [wink]

At first reading this I thought you were a Fitchburg LEO, until I realized it was being replaced with something newer, so that'd be impossible.

Last edited:
I believe '91 was the last year for the box - '92 was the 'new' bubble body. My cousin started with '89 Crown Vics and Caprices - that town never could make up their mind!

Good friend of mine is the Fleet Director at Bonnell Ford and I got to see one of the new Taurus SHO police packages he had as a demo.

All I can say is that anyone lucky enough to get assigned to one is probably never going to lose the ear to ear grin. Damn nice car.

If you ever do need to take it off-road, kill the traction control. I could sit here for hours typing stories of how horrific that system is when you need
4x4.

They are nice, handle well in the snow/ice up here in Maine.

durby guys buy these all day long, it runs and moves kinda...they take them.

How about a remote controled durby/car shoot?

Back
Top Bottom