Law enforcement critical of Biden telling cops not to shoot to kill: 'Every right to use deadly force'

I've had this argument with coworkers who would say things like "If they have a knife why not just shoot them in the hand?" "If they're coming at you then why not shoot them in the legs?". It's not shoot to kill it's to shoot disengage the target. If one round works then fine. If it takes an entire magazine for someone drugged up then fine again. It's case by case. Is Biden still squeezing off shotgun blasts from his balcony?

I've had this argument with coworkers who would say things like "If they have a knife why not just shoot them in the hand?" "If they're coming at you then why not shoot them in the legs?". It's not shoot to kill it's to shoot disengage the target. If one round works then fine. If it takes an entire magazine for someone drugged up then fine again. It's case by case. Is Biden still squeezing off shotgun blasts from his balcony?
Shoot to stop the threat.

I think Biden means not to fire a SINGLE round.

Just more rambling nonsense from a Old Man who likes to embellish everything.
Joe's been a liar his whole life, total diarrhea of the mouth.
Even his braindead supporters know he's a functional idiot who will say anything to get a rise out of a crowd.

If you have time to contemplate where to place your shot to subdue while doing minimal damage, you are NOT in a position where you NEED to be applying deadly force. If you must apply deadly force you need to stop the threat immediately and that means center mass hits to disrupt the assailant's ability to carry out a threat against you or others. You need to keep firing until the threat is no longer a threat. Killing is not the objective, but may be the result. Que the Dolph Lundgren meme.

If you have time to contemplate where to place your shot to subdue while doing minimal damage, you are NOT in a position where you NEED to be applying deadly force. If you must apply deadly force you need to stop the threat immediately and that means center mass hits to disrupt the assailant's ability to carry out a threat against you or others. You need to keep firing until the threat is no longer a threat. Killing is not the objective, but may be the result. Que the Dolph Lundgren meme.
if_he_dies_he_dies.gif

“We don’t shoot center of mass because it’s good, we shoot center of mass because it’s big” (Clint Smith).
Prosecutor : ”why did you shoot the deceased in the back?”
Clint Smith: “I shot him in what was available to me at the time, Sir”.

I was 15 or so years old. This is circa 1985 or so. LaserTag was the BIG toy that year.

I get a knock-off Laser Tag set. Comes with two guns and a 2 targets to mount on your chest or wall.

I've watched all them cool movies and TV shows. You do a roll across teh floor and then BAM BAM into the center of the target.

I was in for a very big surprise. Nope. Bullets don't go where you WANT them to go - they go where you aim them to go. Whoops.

(I did get pretty good at shooting with it. Alas, I picked up some bad habits like trigger jerking and looky-loo'ing over the sights all the time.)

Your average human thinks that with a modicum of training, you are a lifetime-trained scout sniper. It isn't like riding a bicycle. It's a depreciating skill set that takes a while to develop. I'm sure I'd trust Jerry Michuh, Jerry Mickle-Di. . . Jerry. . . that revolver guy to shoot fast and accurate to shoot someone in the leg or the knife out of someone's hand. Maybe. ;)

Back
Top Bottom