• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law - CHEAP!

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
"Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law" by Chief Ron Glidden and Atty John Collins IS the "bible" for MA gun laws!! It is currently in its 9th Edition and runs 374 pages. THIS IS the "condensed version" of the BS that we have to put up with in MA. The major value of the book is the "NOTES" section after most citations of the law. Ron spends a lot of time researching the intent of the law with the lawyers who actually drafted them, so they are not just "another person's opinion", but have some meat behind them. This is my "personal bible" when I try to answer questions by forum members and others.

If you own no other books, and you own firearms in MA, this is the ONE BOOK that you really MUST HAVE!

It is currently available at American Firearms School in No. Attleboro for the unbelievably low price of $30.00! http://www.americanfirearmsschool.com/ [It is published by the Municipal Police Institute, an arm of the MCOPA and they sell it directly for $45.00 plus shipping! http://www.masschiefs.org/MPI/Manuals/reading_materials.html]

Yeah, I saw one of the shooters at yesterday's USPSA match picking one up. Wish I'd know AFS carried it when I was paying 50% more ordering the last 3 copies from MCOPA!

I am planning on stopping in today for some good ol shooting fun. I'll be sure to pick up a copy. This book has been on my things to buy list.

I'm gonna grab one of these. Does the "notes" section explain the legal mumbo jumbo more clearly?
Like I said before... the way some Mass laws are written, it makes it seem like you need a degree in law just to understand what they're talking about.

Milsurps,

Yes, that is the great value in the book. He wrote the notes so that the average LEO could understand the law and how it is intended to be implemented.

LenS said:
He wrote the notes so that the average LEO could understand the law and how it is intended to be implemented.

Thats funny I didn't see pictures.
gigdy gigdy goo
hump.gif
alright

[laugh2]

Be thankful that Jon isn't into cannons. If he asks you to hold targets for him at the NES Shoot, you'll know that he isn't happy with you! [rofl]

I almost stated that it might even be understandable by police brass, but I don't think that is possible without supplying crayons! [devil]

LenS said:
Milsurps,

Yes, that is the great value in the book. He wrote the notes so that the average LEO could understand the law and how it is intended to be implemented.

All of which is still dependent upon said LEO actually acquiring and USING the book. Not all departments are that advanced............

Didn't notice a mail order section there for the cheaper price. Anyone picking up copies to sell to NESr's at the Marlboro show? I'd buy someone a box of ammo (so long as it ain't 50bmg[smile] ) for doing so.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Didn't notice a mail order section there for the cheaper price. Anyone picking up copies to sell to NESr's at the Marlboro show? I'd buy someone a box of ammo (so long as it ain't 50bmg[smile] ) for doing so.

+2

Back
Top Bottom