• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lawyer dies after his hidden gun goes off during MRI scan.

Season 3 Wtf GIF by The Simpsons

I've had an MRI, and they berated me about not having anything metal on me. They also gave me a locker with a lock to put my stuff in. You would think a pretty highly educated person would know not to take a ferromagnetic object into a very high (I want to say like 3+ tesla) magnetic field. Maybe, MAYBE if I KNEW it was made out of 100% non-magnetic metals and plastic (ONLY austenite stainless, aluminum, etc.)...but then it's going to show up on the scan, lol.

I've had an MRI, and they berated me about not having anything metal on me. They also gave me a locker with a lock to put my stuff in. You would think a pretty highly educated person would know not to take a ferromagnetic object into a very high (I want to say like 3+ tesla) magnetic field. Maybe, MAYBE if I KNEW it was made out of 100% non-magnetic metals and plastic (ONLY austenite stainless, aluminum, etc.)...but then it's going to show up on the scan, lol.
Even if it was made of copper, brass and aluminum it would still heat up from the massive induced eddy currents and burn the shit out of you

The magnetic field from the MRI scanner pulled the pro-gun lawyer’s weapon was pulled from his waistband and went off, shooting him in the tummy.
That is crazy! You're telling me the magnetic field pulled the gun upwards towards him and pulled the trigger?? [bow]

That is crazy! You're telling me the magnetic field pulled the gun upwards towards him and pulled the trigger?? [bow]
Assuming it was holstered, it probably pulled hard enough that the belt rolled over as it came out. Meanwhile, the trigger mechanism was compressed through the springs. I wouldn't be surprised if it fired on the way out of the holster, as it changed direction...

Even if it was made of copper, brass and aluminum it would still heat up from the massive induced eddy currents and burn the shit out of you
I have a fragmented bullet In my ankle. Been there for over 30 years and I don’t know what exactly it’s made out of. I told the MRI dude about it and he wasn’t concerned. I had no issues thankfully.

Must be mostly lead which apparently doesn’t react

When I saw gun and tummy and without even clicking on the article, this is the first thing that popped into my head

James Woods in Videodrome
videodrome1.jpg

So a lawyers not smart enough to know that metal in an MRI is bad news?

I can’t find the sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom