• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lee Bench Prime

radioman

NES Member
If anyone has one of these tools you know they work great except for the awful primer tray. That cheap plastic triangle piece of crap was all but impossible to use without spilling primers everywhere. I figured I could make it better and I did. I bought 4 RCBS primer trays one for each primer I use. With a 1/4 inch chisel I removed a small amount of plastic from the Lee primer input slot and these new trays fit great! Now I can load 300 primers no problem. No more fiddling with that 100 count tray every 95 rounds or so. Of course this modification will void your warranty and is not authorized by Lee.

Is it bigger? Yes. Does it get in the way more? Yes. Will you snap it off if you hit it with great force? Yes. You do have to be careful. Just as with most reloading equipment a modicum of caution is needed. This modification is way worth any of the added cautions.

IMG_0256.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom