Legal AR's in Massachusetts

I know this horse has been beaten so much, the meat is almost tender enough to make it into an IKEA meatball, but.....

Under "frequently asked questions" part of the Assault Weapons ban page on the Mass.gov website, they have a section for " examples or categories of weapons that are not copies or duplicates of assault weapons"

One of the examples is "Any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition".

I've heard of some local manufacturers making AR's with non-detachable mags, but I have not heard of anyone making one that does not take universal mags, and making the only mags it take 5 rounders......am I misinterpreting Healy's order here? Why wouldn't anyone build an AR like that?

I know this horse has been beaten so much, the meat is almost tender enough to make it into an IKEA meatball, but.....

Under "frequently asked questions" part of the Assault Weapons ban page on the Mass.gov website, they have a section for " examples or categories of weapons that are not copies or duplicates of assault weapons"

One of the examples is "Any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition".

I've heard of some local manufacturers making AR's with non-detachable mags, but I have not heard of anyone making one that does not take universal mags, and making the only mags it take 5 rounders......am I misinterpreting Healy's order here? Why wouldn't anyone build an AR like that?
Forget everything she says, it’s not law. Follow the law.

Why are you looking at Healy's order and not Massachusetts General Law?
My question was not as much of what I am looking to for legitimacy of the Law, it was more as to what dealers/manufacturers are doing. Why aren't at least small local manufacturers trying to capitalize on that? I get it is a small market, but minuteman armory was selling the AR's without detachable mags like crazy. I'd think Ar's with 5 round mags would be even more popular.

I think I'd rather have a fixed mag with a higher capacity than one that takes some weird non-existent/proprietary 5 rounder.

Forget everything she says, it’s not law. Follow the law.

Yes, and put some money aside in case you have to fight charges against you consistent with her enforcement order.

Right now, she's the AG. And she has an unlimited budget to hang you out to dry if you want. Maybe you'll win, but for sure you will broke.

The amount of risk you take is up to you

Yes, and put some money aside in case you have to fight charges against you consistent with her enforcement order.

Right now, she's the AG. And she has an unlimited budget to hang you out to dry if you want. Maybe you'll win, but for sure you will broke.

The amount of risk you take is up to you
How many arrests has she made in last 4 years? Specific to her BS notice...

Lol keep promoting the fearmongering if you want, even if it is wholly unrealistic.

If I had 1000 bucks hanging around right now, and I could bet it, I will bet 2021 will go by without another mystical "healey AWB case" that we've all been waiting for, with
baited breath. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom