• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal for USPSA Production class?

I need to know if the CR Speed Versa Mag Pouches are legal for USPSA production class. Yes, I read the rules and tried to Google it but found nothing. My son and I will be getting our feet wet in this sport starting next month. I do not want to order up 8 of these magazine holders only to find they are not legal. Thanks.[h=1][/h]

I would think (hope) so. I bought a bunch of them back in December for SS division (and production at some point). Only used them in one match so far.

Production DIVISION (Class is determined by how well you shoot) rules on mag pouches are slightly subjective in that they are to be "Suitable for everyday use." I find this much like the definition of a "flash hider" vs "muzzle device" for your AR. If the manufacturer does not specifically call it a "flash hider", then it isn't.

Holster and magazine holder restrictions
•Suitable for everyday use. “Race gun” type holster prohibited.
•May not be manufactured or cut lower than, and must cover the slide up to, 1/2” below the ejection port (belt slide “Yaqui” type holster exempt).
•Revolver holsters open no lower than halfway down the cylinder.
•The drop offset type holster is allowed in production Division as long as the heel of the butt of the gun is above the belt per 5.2.7.2 and the rest of the criteria are met.
•Each magazine must be contained individually within the magazine pouch. Magazines may not be retained through magnetic means.

What this means in reality is that you are probably OK at any local match as long as you have your pouches in the correct locations and aren't trying to use a magnet. [smile]

Last edited:
However, they are NOT legal for IDPA, should you decide to play in that arena...

Thanks to all. Now I am off to research mag pouches that are IDPA legal just in case we end up giving that a whirl. Maybe something that is legal for both types of competitions.

Is this what you are looking at?
http://benstoegerproshop.com/rescomp-cr-speed-versa-magazine-mag-pouch/
If so, then yes, they are absolutely Production Division legal. Keep them behind your hip per appendix E3.

I would recommend not getting something to use in both USPSA and IDPA. For one, you need only two pouches for IDPA, and should have 4-5 for USPSA production. I say get an IDPA legal double pouch, or two singles that attach to a IDPA legal belt, and then set up a proper USPSA double belt system with a CR speed or DAA belt, along with a barely legal drop/offset holster. Be a gamer, its fun

Is this what you are looking at?
http://benstoegerproshop.com/rescomp-cr-speed-versa-magazine-mag-pouch/
If so, then yes, they are absolutely Production Division legal. Keep them behind your hip per appendix E3.

I would recommend not getting something to use in both USPSA and IDPA. For one, you need only two pouches for IDPA, and should have 4-5 for USPSA production. I say get an IDPA legal double pouch, or two singles that attach to a IDPA legal belt, and then set up a proper USPSA double belt system with a CR speed or DAA belt, along with a barely legal drop/offset holster. Be a gamer, its fun

This. The double belt setup is SO much better than a traditional belt. The dropped and offset holster also makes the draw a little faster and more consistent.

Back
Top Bottom