• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legality of rotating tube-fed semiauto shotguns like Tavor TS12 in MA

I have one of these that I bought in MA (and it is a BEAST I love the thing), but I am keeping this in NH for now due to worries about legality with that rotating tube. Any other owners have opinions on this? Obviously not taken as legal advice.
It -seems- to me that the intent of the law is to ban fixed drum fed types like the street sweeper and that since the tavor requires a reload between each 5 round tube it would pass muster in the peoples republik:

'revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12'
'any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.'

More than one person has told me that 3 x 5 magazine is "begging to be called an lcafd" by a douche prosecutor but if you are that afraid or even asking the question you've already answered it for yourself.

Always some FUDD out there looking to see if you drilled the detent out of your canik 10rnd mag, or looking for your loaded chamber indicator.
Best advice, don't bring your firearms in plain view around commies, unless of course you have them look into the barrel and smile at the flash.

Always some FUDD out there looking to see if you drilled the detent out of your canik 10rnd mag, or looking for your loaded chamber indicator.
Best advice, don't bring your firearms in plain view around commies.
Regardless of your guns don't shoot at clubs with "those people". Not worth it.

Just enjoy the shotgun
yeah Ive been shooting it in NH anyways since my range membership expired (BRP) and I like destroying junk with it like old car parts and whatnot. so I keep it up there with all my evil 25rd ruger 10/22 magazines. So evil. [devil]
I read the law and to a layman it looks like its safe. but you know how that goes. It is dancing on the edge of that legal definition and the risk to law-abiding people's wallets is because MA didnt do their due diligence when they wrote that law.

yeah Ive been shooting it in NH anyways. so I keep it up there with all my evil 25rd ruger 10/22 magazines. So evil. [devil]
I read the law and to a layman it looks like its safe. but you know how that goes. It is dancing on the edge of that legal definition and the risk to law-abiding people's wallets is because MA didnt do their due diligence when they wrote that law.
Due diligence and rights do not belong in mAss. The over lords know what's best.

Back
Top Bottom