• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LEO carry Compacts?

Just a point of clarification to my previous statement...by policy our rifle is considered to be our primary weapon. The pistol on our duty belt is therefore considered to actually be our backup gun. That's how the agency justifies not allowing us to carry a true BUG.

this is...that the pd in questions policy is that their rifles are considered their primary weapon

Yeah, its transcendent from the military. Though, I can understand the rationale.

I thought you were referring to my Blackhawk comment.

Haha no...the only reason that thought is so outdated is that your patrol rifle is not always accessible and your side arm is with with at all times

Haha no...the only reason that thought is so outdated is that your patrol rifle is not always accessible and your side arm is with with at all times

We're instructed to take our rifle with us each time we get out of the vehicle. That doesn't always happen, though, as it really isn't practical.

We're instructed to take our rifle with us each time we get out of the vehicle. That doesn't always happen, though, as it really isn't practical.

lol the only department I see doing that is homeland security, or CBP working down south. Which makes sense, when your pulling over a truck at 2AM on some dirt road next to the boarder and your the only officer for 100miles, id want my AR with me to lol

For uniformed officers, I see no advantage of a Glock 23 over a Glock 22. Both have the same grip circumference, so the 23 doesn't fit a s[maller hand any better than the Glock 22. The Glock 22 has a larger sight radius and the longer grip gives it a larger magazine capacity.

While all of this is true, a G23 isn't at that big of a disadvantage. For example there are a lot of PDs/agencies which issue guns like the Sig P229, and the site radius of the G23 really isn't much different from one of those.

It is kind of mind boggling, though, why they wouldn't issue G22s, or at least offer the officer a choice.

-Mike

lol the only department I see doing that is homeland security, or CBP working down south. Which makes sense, when your pulling over a truck at 2AM on some dirt road next to the boarder and your the only officer for 100miles, id want my AR with me to lol

Yeah, I've never heard of any other agency having such a policy, so I think it might be specific to USBP.

BTW, "boarder" is someone who snowboards, "border" is the thing I patrol [wink].

I've noticed a lot switching to M&P 45 and it's no shock. Everyone was asking for it. Even the small size of that one seems big to me.

Some of my buddies shoot MP 9s in competition and I don't like it as much as my glock. But the 45 in the MP feels much better than say a glock 21.

Back
Top Bottom