• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let’s see those stupid signs

Well, if you follow the old Korean War advice as to what to do with a M1 Grand that has frozen up due the cold (like up on the Chosen Reservoir), then it has some relevance. (The advice, which worked quite well, was “piss on it”.)
Does it have to be frozen? Or can I just give my opinion of it?

Unless you have cats that think it's entertaining to pull the paper off the roll.

Function > style.
It wouldn't happen. I would never have an animal in my house that shits in a box and then walks around on my stuff with its shitty paws. Scratching up furniture, shedding everywhere, yacking up fur balls, and other nastiness. They are foul creatures that belong outdoors and in someone else's yard.

Trying to translate the characters on a Japanese sword, I found out that the characters can have several meanings. I can see how this could provide for some amusing translations.

I must've been living under a rock for the past 6 months (truth be told, I pretty much have).

Last weekend, my wife and I stopped at a Micky D's on the way back from Springfield, MO, about an hour and a half trip one way, to use the bathroom and grab a coffee. It was the first time I'd seen one of those contraptions on the bottom of the door to allegedly hook the toe of your prehensile foot on and pull the door open so one doesn't have to touch (ewwww!) the door handle.

Who the frig came up with that? I told my wife about it and she was surprised I hadn't seen one. I did tell her I was retired, after all, and I don't get out much.

I try to stick to my 10 acres and keep myself busy here. The less interaction with people, the better I like it. My wife told me I'm turning into a hermit...and the problem is?.....

I'm still of working age. My ideal job would be lighthouse keeper, but they are all automated now. I will be going the hermit route as soon as I can.

I actually worked at a place where there was a sign that said, essentially, "Don't wipe boogers on the wall."

I thought it was a joke. I asked around. It was there for a reason, other than humor....
There was another one in the same organizations campus that had a reminder that the trash cans were not for pooping in. I was going to snap a picture of that one (had to repair the combo lock on the door) but the people using that locker room were openly hostile, clearly high and thought I was there to change the combination to lock them out of it. (Probably the guys who were using the trash can as a toilet). I left as quickly as possible and sanitized my tools with bleach wipes.

While on one of her Pacific Rim business trips,
The Bride (always directed to one of the factory's few Western toilets),
thought this was a joke...
588825_1.jpg

...until the day she saw the footprints on the toilet seat anyhow.

Use foot to keep door open while waahing hands if there is only a blowdrier.
You know how much bacteria lives in one of those
Puh-leeze.

You know you're in New Jersey when the highway rest stop
has one of these running 24x7 in the Men's Room,
because there's not enough urine in the air from natural processes.
71hGjJFhZIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last weekend, ... at a Micky D's ... It was the first time I'd seen one of those contraptions on the bottom of the door to allegedly hook the toe of your prehensile foot on and pull the door open so one doesn't have to touch (ewwww!) the door handle.

Who the frig came up with that? ...
season-2-pictured-tony-shalhoub-as-adrian-monk-picture-id142711550

I always use paper towels or TP on bathroom doors or handles. People are DISGUSTING!
Wear long-sleeved shirts or jackets.
#ProTip
This sign is posted on a hiking trail.
1647714506201-jpeg.592405
You will dig perhaps my favorite sign in New Hampshire.
Perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom