Let's honor those worth it.

Did you know him?

Exceedingly smart guy, always entertaining, and someone truly missed by many. Wish I'd kept in better touch with him.

[halfmast]

Had the pleasure of working with him a couple seasons up at wachusett mountain in the ski and snowboard rental shop. Very friendly and funny guy. I actually know the two friends of his mentioned in the article as well. Was some of the best times I had those winters I worked up there.

What saddens me the most is that these men and women are dying for little to no thanks from other americans and that they fight representing a government that is extremely tyrannical and crushing the rights those very men and women are fighting to uphold. It's just so sad......[sad2] regardless I thank them very much.

[halfmast]

What saddens me the most is that these men and women are dying for little to no thanks from other americans and that they fight representing a government that is extremely tyrannical and crushing the rights those very men and women are fighting to uphold. It's just so sad......[sad2] regardless I thank them very much.

[halfmast]

Which is why alot of us that are ex-mil go out of our way to make sure they are thanked and why some of us are involved in so many different things for our servicemembers.[grin]

Air Force Senior Airman Matthew R. Courtois
September 20, 2009

Army Pfc. Jeremiah J. Monroe
September 17, 2009

Army Sgt. Robert D. Gordon II
September 16, 2009

Army Staff Sgt. Joshua M. Mills
September 16, 2009

Army Sgt. 1st Class Shawn P. McCloskey
September 16, 2009

Army Sgt. 1st Class Bradley S. Bohle
September 16, 2009

More of some of americas finest. May you all rest in eternal peace

[halfmast]

Air Force Senior Airman Matthew R. Courtois
September 20, 2009
[halfmast]

I happened to meet his brother (I think) today while at lunch. Went to grab something quick before a meeting with a co-worker and noticed him sitting alone sipping on something. He struck up conversation and we ended up sharing a drink with him. Big military family (him and older bro served Desert Storm, dad Vietnam, Grandfathers WWII and Korea) from Texas. Said he got a call this morning from their mother saying his little bro Matt had been killed over there...I wish I could have stayed longer, he seemed like he could have used the company.

RIP Matt

I happened to meet his brother (I think) today while at lunch. Went to grab something quick before a meeting with a co-worker and noticed him sitting alone sipping on something. He struck up conversation and we ended up sharing a drink with him. Big military family (him and older bro served Desert Storm, dad Vietnam, Grandfathers WWII and Korea) from Texas. Said he got a call this morning from their mother saying his little bro Matt had been killed over there...I wish I could have stayed longer, he seemed like he could have used the company.

RIP Matt

My condolences to the family.
[halfmast]

4 years to the day. Raise a glass high in the sky for a true hero.

http://www.forcerecon.com/Cpl-Seamus-M-Davey.htm

Semper Fidelis

n670375338_510863_3638.jpg

Last edited:
I really wish this thread could be locked due to lack of topical information....

Army Sgt. Brandon T. Islip
November 29, 2009

Navy Engineman 3rd Class David M. Mudge
November 28, 2009

Army Pfc. Michael A. Rogers
November 27, 2009

Army Spc. Jason A. McLeod
November 23, 2009

Army Staff Sgt. Matthew A. Pucino
November 23, 2009

Marine Lance Cpl. Nicholas J. Hand
November 22, 2009

[halfmast]

Why? I personally don't have the time to continually go through the info I get and update, but where ever you are getting your info feel free to update.
It's a worthwhile thread, just because it doesn't get much activity doesn't mean it should be closed.
Just my .02's worth.

Why? I personally don't have the time to continually go through the info I get and update, but where ever you are getting your info feel free to update.
It's a worthwhile thread, just because it doesn't get much activity doesn't mean it should be closed.
Just my .02's worth.

what I meant by it was that I wish there were no names to have to add....in other words, no dying soldiers[sad]

Got the word this morning from Derek Davey, a Gold Star Father: SgtMaj Cottle USMC, KIA Afghanistan.

Outstanding Marine. Rest in peace Brothers, you will not be forgotten. Semper Fi.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/centanni-240981-afghanistan-linda.html

The only time I met the SgtMaj was @ one of our Brothers funerals. He was an outstanding American dedicated to God, Country, Family, and his fellow Marines.

Last edited:
Agreed. It absolutely sickens me when I read message traffic directing the National Ensign to be flown at the yardarm until interment for some politician, or staff officer (not that any man in uniform is undeserving), but then enlisted men who deserve the honor a thousand times over, if they're lucky, get that respect for an hour or two. Usually a "until noontime" or some such. Sickens me. Aggravates me to no end. Gets me so irritated I keep forgetting to have the colors detail two-block it before one of our brethren is interred. Hard to read those messages. Too easy to mix up "from noontime such-and-such date group" and "until noontime such and such DTG" and "until interment". I'm a terrible OOD.

You know, reading through this thread just really, really saddened me. How on God's green Earth could we ever appreciate enough these young men and women that willing go into harms way, with full knowledge of the odds of meeting a violent end? These ladies and gentlemen have a level of character that DOES make them better people than many. Our world and our society needs people with that level of character, dedication, and moral certainty more than anything else, and it's a damned tragic irony that they are the very kind of people we are losing.

To see people willing to go as far as is necessary to ensure the security and ideals of the United States and her citizens cross the bar is tragic. They deserve a level of respect that I can't even fathom.

You know, reading through this thread just really, really saddened me. How on God's green Earth could we ever appreciate enough these young men and women that willing go into harms way, with full knowledge of the odds of meeting a violent end? These ladies and gentlemen have a level of character that DOES make them better people than many. Our world and our society needs people with that level of character, dedication, and moral certainty more than anything else, and it's a damned tragic irony that they are the very kind of people we are losing.

To see people willing to go as far as is necessary to ensure the security and ideals of the United States and her citizens cross the bar is tragic. They deserve a level of respect that I can't even fathom.

Very well said. Thank You

A Poem Worth Reading

He was getting old and paunchy
And his hair was falling fast,
And he sat around the Legion,
Telling stories of the past.

Of a war that he once fought in
And the deeds that he had done,
In his exploits with his buddies;
They were heroes, every one.

And 'tho sometimes to his neighbors
His tales became a joke,
All his buddies listened quietly
For they knew where of he spoke.

But we'll hear his tales no longer,
For ol' Bob has passed away,
And the world's a little poorer
For a Soldier died today.

He won't be mourned by many,
Just his children and his wife.
For he lived an ordinary,
Very quiet sort of life..

He held a job and raised a family,
Going quietly on his way;
And the world won't note his passing,
'Tho a Soldier died today.

When politicians leave this earth,
Their bodies lie in state,
While thousands note their passing,
And proclaim that they were great.

Papers tell of their life stories
From the time that they were young
But the passing of a Soldier
Goes unnoticed, and unsung.

Is the greatest contribution
To the welfare of our land,
Some jerk who breaks his promise
And cons his fellow man?

Or the ordinary fellow
Who in times of war and strife,
Goes off to serve his country
And offers up his life?

The politician's stipend
And the style in which he lives,
Are often disproportionate,
To the service that he gives.

While the ordinary Soldier,
Who offered up his all,
Is paid off with a medal
And perhaps a pension, small.

It's so easy to forget them,
For it is so many times
That our Bobs and Jims and Johnnys,
Went to battle, but we know,

It is not the politicians
With their compromise and ploys,
Who won for us the freedom
That our country now enjoys.

Should you find yourself in danger,
With your enemies at hand,
Would you really want some cop-out,
With his ever waffling stand?

Or would you want a Soldier--
His home, his country, his kin,
Just a common Soldier,
Who would fight until the end.

He was just a common Soldier,
And his ranks are growing thin,
But his presence should remind us
We may need his like again.

For when countries are in conflict,
We find the Soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles
That the politicians start.

If we cannot do him honor
While he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage
At the ending of his days.

Perhaps just a simple headline
In the paper that might say:
"OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING,
A SOLDIER DIED TODAY."

Sgt. Robert T. Rapp, 22, of Sonora, Calif
Yaqoubi district of Khost province 03/03/08

Spc. Steven R. Koch, 23, of Milltown, N.J.
Yaqoubi district of Khost province 03/03/08

Staff Sgt. Christopher S. Frost, 24, of Waukesha, Wis.
Bayji 03/05/08
Non-hostile - helicopter crash
Died near Bayji, Iraq in a crash of an Ir

Cpl. Jose A. Paniagua-Morales, 22, of Bell Gardens, Calif.
Balad 03/07/08
Hostile - hostile fire - explosion

Sgt. Gabriel Guzman, 25, of Hornbrook, Calif.
Orgun E, Afghanistan 03/08/08
Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack

Cpl. Scott A. McIntosh, 26, of Houston, Texas
Baghdad 03/10/08
Hostile - hostile fire - suicide bomber

Cpl. Robert T. McDavid, 29, of Starkville, Miss
Baghdad 03/10/08

Staff Sgt. David D. Julian, 31, of Evanston, Wyo
Baghdad 03/10/08

Staff Sgt. Ernesto G. Cimarrusti, 25, of Douglas, Ariz
Baghdad 03/10/08

Sgt. 1st. Class Shawn M. Suzch, 32, of Hilltown, Penn
Baghdad 03/10/08

Capt. Torre R. Mallard, 27, of Oklahoma
Diyala Province 03/10/08

Spc. Donald A. Burkett, 24, of Comanche, Texas
Diyala Province 03/10/08

Sgt. Phillip R. Anderson, 28, of Everett, Wash
Diyala Province 03/10/08

[halfmast] May you all rest in ever lasting peace

Sorry new here found this thread and had to post for matthew lembke 2/3 golf ssp. He was a true warrior and the poster child for the marine corps, He re upped for a third pump in the ghan and got hit june 24th 2009, he was flown back stateside and passed away july 10th.he was a real bad ass. pics-
delaram rip
dgsz6f.jpg

07 haditha iraq echo co
1znym1z.jpg

8y6bt3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom