• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lever Action Questions

[.357 mag table]

In case anyone is wondering, that's from http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/ - a great site.

Manufacturers will usually state the barrel test length on their sites. For revolver rounds, it'll be 4, 5, or 6" test barrels typically. "Short barrel" marked rounds might be out of 2"ers. Anyways, check the manuf. site, they will say.

BBTI not only tested all those rounds out of Contender barrels (which they cut down by 1" after each test group), but out of various regular firearms as well. Check out the site.

That partialy answers my question, if those are all from a contender barrel then all those shots have a sealed breach etc. I am curious about the difference between a rifle and revolver. The revolver looses a lot of gas before the bullet exits the barrel.

Edit: I see they did do some tests on cylinder gap.

Last edited:
That partialy answers my question, if those are all from a contender barrel then all those shots have a sealed breach etc. I am curious about the difference between a rifle and revolver. The revolver looses a lot of gas before the bullet exits the barrel.

You didn't visit the website, did you? :)

Go there. They test the effect of cylinder gap, test "real world" firearms with all those loads, and more.

Back
Top Bottom