• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lever gun fun called Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette at Pemi Nov 19th.

This is an NRA Silhouette match which, to everyone's confusion, might be confused with SASS. The use of the word "Cowboy" can cause some confusion. So, as a lark, I thought I would share with folks a pretty fun sport.

NRA Silhouette has been around for years. Cowboy Lever Action (CLA) has the added fun factor or shooting off hand at a 60 lb hunk of steel 200y away. Scopes are not allowed so it is not an equipment game. Basic 30-30, 38-55, 35 Rem, 45-70, 44 Rem Mag and even 357 mags have a run at it.

That last Silhouette match in NH will be Nov 19 at Pemi. (pemi.org)

Here is a link to an image of the 200y target. The large one is the one we try to hit.

And here is the results from last match. Come to learn about silhouette. Some are into the art of lead bullet casting and reloading. Some just enjoy old guns, fresh air and visiting with like minded folks. Winning is not the primary objective!

Want to be added to the New England Silhouette mail list for 2017 schedule? Send me a PM.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom