Lewis Machine ARs

Does anyone have one? Is it worth the extra funds in your opinion? I've been eyeballing one for a few months. Thanks.

There high end. The $ is a personal thing no one can tell you is its worth it for you. If I had the cash to burn id buy one in a heart beat. Then again my mix master home build shoots better then me still. So in my book it be a waste of cash at this point.

Nice stuff, but I think you would be well served by a Windham, or a YHM built upper on YHM lower, plus a quality optic or sights.

LMT makes very nice stuff. Worth the money if you have it for a main battle rifle. If you already own a nice AR like a BCM, personally I'd build up a few low end spare rifles instead.

LMT makes very nice stuff. Worth the money if you have it for a main battle rifle. If you already own a nice AR like a BCM, personally I'd build up a few low end spare rifles instead.

But then we get tons of post asking why their build crap doesn't run....

que the "But my shitbox runs for the 50 rounds I shoot a year" butthurt

There are lots of people who shouldn't build rifles. But, those people should be buying complete lowers from someone like RRA and slapping on a PSA upper and be into an AR for $600.

My post was directed at people who already own nice stuff and hopefully understand how an AR actually works. [laugh][hmmm]

I have probably 4000 rounds through my LMT upper, I feed it mostly steel crap, rarely clean it, and it has never had a malfunction, not one. I even went through 430 rounds of that plastic cased training ammo that no one's gun will run right, without a hiccup. So I'm a fan.

Shit, my spares are supposed to be low end? [laugh] I think the only thing low end about them is the standard furniture, basic slings, and TRS25's.

Nice stuff, but I think you would be well served by a Windham, or a YHM built upper on YHM lower, plus a quality optic or sights.

+1. I can't say enough good things about the WW AR's, and they aren't too pricy.

From everything I've heard, the LMT's are great.

I handled a LMT once and was in love. The feel alone is that if something well crafted. On that note, I asked myself. Would I rather have two Windhams? But I like the idea if backups. If money was no object, I would own a LMT, or two.

I tore one down for a project at work and there was all sorts of grit and shit under the barrel nut and on the barrel. I wouldn't peg them any higher or lower then most others.

I like mine. Bought it pre-owned and could never thank the man enough for the deal we made. It's far beyond what I deserve.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

LMT is great.

They're really not that expensive either. The base model LMT carbine setup is about $1000. They are however hard to find in stock at times.

The price quickly escalates as you add options though: adjustable rear sight ($130), SOPMOD stock (+$300), proprietary float rail (+$???), piston driven, or even 308. I have the SOPMOD stock and it is great--no rattle, nice cheek weld. I've been debating getting their rear sight.

Last edited:
Does anyone have one? Is it worth the extra funds in your opinion? I've been eyeballing one for a few months. Thanks.

LMT is like Boeing.

If I call LMT and place an order, they will make a fine rifle at a fine price that will make the owner very happy.

....and just like a 737, if ordered today it will take three and a half years until the customer takes delivery.

LMT is like Boeing.

If I call LMT and place an order, they will make a fine rifle at a fine price that will make the owner very happy.

....and just like a 737, if ordered today it will take three and a half years until the customer takes delivery.

lol

no one buys them because they're in too much demand

nyuk, nyuk

i rock a LMT 10.5" upper on an AR pistol while i wait for a tax stamp. got to finally fire it the other day and i love it. quality is top notch, fit is fantastic--if you can afford it: do it.

I'm happy with my LMT but think the trigger could have been better. I'll fix that soon enough.
We are DINKs so there is a fair amount of money to spend on toys.

I have an LMT and its a sweet ride, eats any ammo i put in it and even tried shooting highpower with it for a couple matches while i waited for find a NM setup. for a 16" and standard battle sights, it shot really well. The upper to lower fit is incredible. I don't think there is a rattle from anything on that rifle.
My largest problem is the barrel swap is so freaking easy, i want a 10" barrel for it, but i don't want to alter the lower to apply for a tax stamp. (mental issue there i have to get over). The trigger is on the heavy side, but that is appropriate for a CQB platform.

However at 1800 now a days, is it worth the price? There are others out there for less that can do the same, you just wont have the MRP barrel setup.

One thing to note - if its a mass compliant one (didn't look to see if you were in MA), the SOPMOD stock is not just pinned. Its a different buffer tube that does not have the adjustment holes in it. So if you move out of state you have to do more than just back out a screw or pin.

Hey if you can afford a safe full of LMTs do it! I have three kids so I have to skimp on the spares.

No LMTs here, but sure would like some. I just meant I run known quality BCGs, barrels, etc rather than no-name bargain bin stuff.

Back on topic, I know somebody with an LMT who has no-joke at least 30k rounds through it, and it's still got combat effective accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom