LFOD IDPA @ Pioneer Sportsmen Club

45collector

NES Member
Who's going this weekend? I've never been to this club, and I'm carpooling up with a fellow NES member Sunday.

12 stages and it looks like it's going to be one hell of a match!

I'll be there Saturday too! Hope any rain holds off!
It's looking pretty good for tomorrow. Based on the latest weather forecasts, the rain should be done later tonight. It will be breezy and cloudy but dry I think - fine with me!

I'm sure you've attended other sanctioned matches before. You'll be fine.

Nope, never. I've been to many local level matches at Harvard, Marshfield, Old Colony, Monument Beach, Bass River, Cape Cod Fish and Game. But I've never been to one where they actually check all your stuff.
I shoot CDP (big surprise) and my reloads are 230gr plated over 4.4gr Titegroup. I've chrono'd it and a few of my rounds were just under 718, out of 30 rounds or so. Most of them were over 725. So fingers crossed!
Honestly I probably won't shoot another large match like this for a long time. $160 holy shit. And it's gonna be a loooooong day. We're leaving here (near Sagamore Bridge) around 4:30am Sunday. Tomorrow morning I'm out the door about the same time to go duck hunting. A few days ago my wife goes "So wait, you're leaving before sunrise on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend?!!!". o_O
Wasn't a big deal before we had a toddler and a baby. Treading on delicate grounds here. Haha.

Nope, never. I've been to many local level matches at Harvard, Marshfield, Old Colony, Monument Beach, Bass River, Cape Cod Fish and Game. But I've never been to one where they actually check all your stuff.
I shoot CDP (big surprise) and my reloads are 230gr plated over 4.4gr Titegroup. I've chrono'd it and a few of my rounds were just under 718, out of 30 rounds or so. Most of them were over 725. So fingers crossed!
Honestly I probably won't shoot another large match like this for a long time. $160 holy shit. And it's gonna be a loooooong day. We're leaving here (near Sagamore Bridge) around 4:30am Sunday. Tomorrow morning I'm out the door about the same time to go duck hunting. A few days ago my wife goes "So wait, you're leaving before sunrise on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend?!!!". o_O
Wasn't a big deal before we had a toddler and a baby. Treading on delicate grounds here. Haha.
That seems close to minimum power factor for CDP. Good news is if you fail chrono you can continue to shoot the match.

That seems close to minimum power factor for CDP. Good news is if you fail chrono you can continue to shoot the match.

Oh it definitely is. If I'm DQ'd, whatever. I'll have fun shooting regardless. Hell, I'll probably shoot better if I know my times aren't even being recorded. ;)

I haven't shot since the worcester IDPA match on 9/14 so my expectations aren't very high for this match. I'm just focused on having fun and hangin with friends.

I've never been to one where they actually check all your stuff.
I shoot CDP (big surprise) and my reloads are 230gr plated over 4.4gr Titegroup. I've chrono'd it and a few of my rounds were just under 718, out of 30 rounds or so. Most of them were over 725. So fingers crossed!.

So? Did you pass chrono ?

Looks like he did? I didn’t see any CDP shooters that got DQ’d.

I couldn’t believe how close our raw times were. I was only 0.03 seconds faster than you. Crazy close. Congrats on second place ESP.

Last edited:

I did. First round was 712, then 738 and 742. Gun and heaviest mag weighed in at 42.86oz. Cutting it close!
I still have to go see how I did overall. I got up at 3am and just got home a little while ago.
Awesome match though! Thank you to all those that put that together and ran it.

I did. First round was 712, then 738 and 742. Gun and heaviest mag weighed in at 42.86oz. Cutting it close!
I still have to go see how I did overall. I got up at 3am and just got home a little while ago.
Awesome match though! Thank you to all those that put that together and ran it.
Nice. My DW PM9 with extra wide LOK grips, magwell, extended slide stop, and full length rod weighs 43oz depending on which Dawson mag I use. Some push it over to 43.1oz. I started using the GI style guide rod for sanctioned matches to give me some wiggle room. But I no longer shoot a 1911 for comps.

Russell took top spot! That’s awesome. She’s an amazing shooter. I was on a squad with her at one of the MWT’s at Harvard a few years back and noticed how smooth and confident her style is.

I managed 2nd place CDP EX. (Of course, there were only three of us LOL). My biggest bonehead move of the day was completely missing the stage description on “Not ok corral” and not realizing we’re only supposed to have 6 rounds in the gun to start. Loaded to capacity and shot the stage pretty well, and CSO said “I gotta give you a FP, sorry”.
Oooops!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Registration for LFOD 2020 is open now:

Signed up yesterday with some friends.

Back
Top Bottom