LGS checking trigger before allowing a transfer

I always ask before I dry fire any gun that isn't mine, but my policy is not to buy anything that I can't test the trigger, safeties, etc,.. I would have left the 6906 there,.. Clown Rules = Clown Shop, every time! Thought this thread was about Northshore Firearms in Middleton,..

For the record, I've had other extra cautious MA dealers refuse to transfer or put on consignment semi-auto handguns with less than Maura's 10-pound trigger pull and it didn't matter if it had a manual safety or not. Those dealers did not feel that the relevant CMR gave them the ability to ignore the 10-pound requirement if there is a safety present. Just sayin' [thinking]
I previously quoted the relevant CMR (940CMR16.5(2)). It is pretty clear. The requirement is to stop the average 5yr old from firing. They then give THREE different ways that are each valid to meet the requirement and leave open more ways to meet the requirement. I guess reading comprehension is outside the average gun shop owners skill set.

I previously quoted the relevant CMR (940CMR16.5(2)). It is pretty clear. The requirement is to stop the average 5yr old from firing. They then give THREE different ways that are each valid to meet the requirement and leave open more ways to meet the requirement. I guess reading comprehension is outside the average gun shop owners skill set.
All I can say is that some shop owners are extremely careful when dealing with Maura issues. I think we all can name at least half a dozen such shops off the tops of our heads that fall into that category... not bad shops either, just extremely risk averse. It ticks me off a bit, but as people say: their business... their rules. [thinking]

That said, I can see them (or their lawyers) reading the relevant CMR and coming to a different conclusion... i.e., that the "mechanism" listed as "a series of multiple motions" is not quite the same thing as saying "any pistol with a thumb safety is automatically okay."

One last point: Most of the dealers I'm talking about tend to use this excuse when they feel a modified pistol (think Apex kit or good/bad gunsmithing) may not be 100% safe. In other words, it's not just a Maura thing. It's sometimes a liability thing too.

It is a GD maze in there!
So many of these mill-to-shops conversions scream building / fire code violations every time I walk into them. I'm never sure how they get built, unless no one bothers to pull a permit. Then, something happens, a fireman aware of his surroundings walks through, his hair moves, the building inspector is called, the occupancy permit is pulled, and everyone renting space is SOL because the place can't be brought to code fast or cheaply enough for people to stay in business.

"Public servants" in this state jump through hoops doing cartwheels to get a favorable mention for their woke sensibilities. None of them seem to care about actually doing what they're supposed to be doing. Funny thing.

So many of these mill-to-shops conversions scream building / fire code violations every time I walk into them. I'm never sure how they get built, unless no one bothers to pull a permit. Then, something happens, a fireman aware of his surroundings walks through, his hair moves, the building inspector is called, the occupancy permit is pulled, and everyone renting space is SOL because the place can't be brought to code fast or cheaply enough for people to stay in business.

"Public servants" in this state jump through hoops doing cartwheels to get a favorable mention for their woke sensibilities. None of them seem to care about actually doing what they're supposed to be doing. Funny thing.
The only distinguishing safety feature I know of in petitioning off a commercial building is that you can’t have a dead end hallway longer than 20’

Some buildings can be mazes but you should always have exit signs and two directions of escape.

The only distinguishing safety feature I know of in petitioning off a commercial building is that you can’t have a dead end hallway longer than 20’

Some buildings can be mazes but you should always have exit signs and two directions of escape.
Among other things, the most obvious is that I have yet to see one where it looks like they've re-run the sprinkler systems to accommodate the change in usage or the new shielded sections created by interior walls.

Where is this?

And not to go too far off the subject but is Bay State Trading post in Raynham still open? And Pheasant Ridge, their website says under new management but they have pictures of the old owners on it....looks suspicious.
Bay State is in Rehoboth and they are still open

Wow... I had bought a few guns from them in the past, and I had planned to go back after the craziness to get some reloading supplies.

Isn't that Mark Bouchard's shop? If so he is the former FRPD licensing officer and kind of a dick. Not surprised at all by this if it is his shop.

ETA: Just confirmed that it is Mark's shop. Don't waste your time you'll just run in to more shit like this.
And maybe add this place (Shooting Supply, Westport) to the list of places to boycott/slam/disparage/avoid (etc etc) forever here on NES... like that absolute sh*tbag in Middleton who ratted out an honest, decent, law-abiding customer a few years ago over something he could otherwise have been "cool" with the customer about and explained the situation like any good dude/gun shop etc would (but instead chose to be a bag of sh*t instead)??
God am I (again!) so glad that I live right down the road from Northeast Arms and its owner Steve who is a great guy (and would never pull sh*t like this with a customer - nor anyone else for that matter - cuz he's just a straight up good human being... unlike some of the sh*tbags we hear about on NES so often...)
And no, I'm not related nor affiliated with Steve in any way, just have been a customer for many years and the guy literally exemplifies what a good gunshop should be! (here in the 'CommonPuke of LiberChusetts', where legal gun owners are treated with less respect than rioting BLM'ers or Antifa scumbags are by the 'powers that be'...)

Just sayin'

Last edited:
Would have thought northshore firearms for sure.
That place should change their name to North Shore Underarms... (or Northshore FirearmPITS for that matter)!

NOTE: PLEASE! Don't anyone confuse this sh*thole place, Northshore Firearms in Middleton, with the great GREAT place in Peabody, Northeast Arms. They are night and day. Northeast ARMS in Peabody (awesome) is often confused with the backstabbing rats at Northshore Firearms in Middleton. I wouldn't piss on Northshore Firearms Middleton if the place was on fire and the fire engines were on the opposite side of town (or the opposite side of the effin COUNTRY, for that matter. They absolutely S*CK, period)

A suggestion to eliminate possible confusion (an idea which was suggested to me years ago and I find it easy to remember with my aging, graying brain matter these days): Gun Shop (P)eabody = "(P)lus one" ....Gun Shop (M)iddleton = "(M)inus one"...

Just sayin'

There's a similar mill in Bridgewater. Significantly smaller. But just as tough to navigate. You need a sherpa, guide dog and a map.
Nah dude. You walk in, one stair up, turn a right, second door. Very easy.

Finding the entrance to the building was a little bit of a challenge.

For those interested, South Shore guns has his desk there.

Cool little place.

@South Shore Guns <---- also, great guy.

And maybe add this place (Shooting Supply, Westport) to the list of places to boycott/slam/disparage/avoid (etc etc) forever here on NES... like that absolute sh*tbag in Middleton who ratted out an honest, decent, law-abiding customer a few years ago over something he could otherwise have been "cool" with the customer about and explained the situation like any good dude/gun shop etc would (but instead chose to be a bag of sh*t instead)??
God am I (again!) so glad that I live right down the road from Northeast Arms and its owner Steve who is a great guy (and would never pull sh*t like this with a customer - nor anyone else for that matter - cuz he's just a straight up good human being... unlike some of the sh*tbags we hear about on NES so often...)
And no, I'm not related nor affiliated with Steve in any way, just have been a customer for many years and the guy literally exemplifies what a good gunshop should be! (here in the 'CommonPuke of LiberChusetts', where legal gun owners are treated with less respect than rioting BLM'ers or Antifa scumbags are by the 'powers that be'...)

Just sayin'
I was at Northeast Arms today!

Steve came through as usual....

And maybe add this place (Shooting Supply, Westport) to the list of places to boycott/slam/disparage/avoid (etc etc) forever here on NES...

If I black crossed every shop that was a fag about the law (or some law) in some way or an other though I'd have maybe 3 shops left to go to in the entire region, though. I could make an
ox goring session where I could point out some debilitatingly bad interpretation of law by dealer X, , but that doesn't serve nobody. X is not likely to change their mind.

The only thing I would be pissed about in the OPs case is if he cleared it with the dealer before going there, and suddenly the CMR940 shit was "foisted" on him. that's a customer
service disaster. Not clearly expressing policy to customers is retarded. "we do this, we do NOT do that, blah blah" not rocket science.

I'd have maybe 3 shops left to go to in the entire region,
Map please Michael... [smile]

You can use this one...

1607551101391.png

I think Southwick is a Black Beauty in this fair representation of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts...

Back
Top Bottom