• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Like him or not, but this is awesome

Maybe it was posted before, but if so I apologize for repeating it. Here is the bill:

I challenge someone to read it completely and explain it all.

But here is a paragraph which may be causing some "consternation" among more fiscally responsible legislators:

(Sec. 909) Among other elements, this section provides additional authority for the VA to provide recruitment and relocation bonuses, retention bonuses, merit awards, incentives for critical skills, and student loan repayments. The section increases the cap on the number of college graduates and post-secondary students the VA may hire through an expedited process. The VA may authorize the fixing of the rate of pay for critical positions in the VA, with some limitations. Additionally, the VA may establish a rate for special pay and may waive the limitation on certain payments, such as bonuses.

I love that idea, but Rand only plays in Peoria but not NYC and San Francisco..
Yeah, well, we know what plays in those places.

Grad-Queen-Story-Hour-960-w.jpg

No one actually cares about vets, they pretend to because that was the socially required thing to do before the LMNOP's became more important and the wars went on too long for people to continue thinking about.
I was talking with a local fire department who was bragging they were proud veteran employers. They then proudly quoted there veteran % of employees which was well under the average veteran % population in the local area.

[rofl]

I was talking with a local fire department who was bragging they were proud veteran employers. They then proudly quoted there veteran % of employees which was well under the average veteran % population in the local area.

[rofl]
I honestly would rather everyone forget veterans exist all together if it ended the fake pandering and took away one more social wedge the politicians can use to keep us bickering over nonsense.

I honestly would rather everyone forget veterans exist all together if it ended the fake pandering and took away one more social wedge the politicians can use to keep us bickering over nonsense.
I had to stop listing I was a veteran on jobs for city/state here. State law in FL requires all veterans who are eligible for the job be interviewed. In fantasy land this is a great thing as I get an interview. In the real world it's a complete waste of my time as employers usually know who they are going to hire or offer to before they even interview.

F the politicians who didn't vote for the bill, or F the politicians using veterans as a trojan horse to slide in other agendas, and that fact was easily seen coming? Is it possible Stewart is angry at the wrong people?

F the politicians who didn't vote for the bill, or F the politicians using veterans as a trojan horse to slide in other agendas, and that fact was easily seen coming? Is it possible Stewart is angry at the wrong people?
No, he is a tool that is being used to stoke the mUh VeTeRaNs feels so they can squeeze a little more juice out of shtick.

It's not "the politicians" who didn't vote. It's ALL the politicians.

Burnpits have been a HUGE f***ing problem for a longgggggg time. Like 100+ years long? Who knew when you throw shit into a fire that breaks down into known carcinogens and other poisons that inhalation, which can't be avoided, is a bad thing?!

Everyone knew. The problem is next to no one cares. If leadership cared about this they would of dealt with it during Vietnam. Not f***ing 2022, 21 years after the invasion of Afghanistan which is where my generation of soldiers kicked off their burn pit exposures.

All of our leaders fail us. All the time. They are all dirty as f***.

Once upon a time, "Riders" in legislation was a sneaky dirty trick. Now it's the standard operating procedure. EVERY Bill is full of Riders and Pork. The Fed has reached critical mass...It will keep growing until it collapses under its own morbid obesity.

Once upon a time, "Riders" in legislation was a sneaky dirty trick. Now it's the standard operating procedure. EVERY Bill is full of Riders and Pork. The Fed has reached critical mass...It will keep growing until it collapses under its own morbid obesity.
Exactly. The riders were placed there so it wouldn't pass. Then demagogs like Stewart could rail against Republicans.

Stewart is getting called out for this bullshit and he's handling it like the fragile ego he is.

Back
Top Bottom