limpwrist testing

I sure hope that camera was on a tripod, because the way that muzzle came back, with the guy's finger still on the trigger, is an accident waiting to happen IMHO...

I sure hope that camera was on a tripod, because the way that muzzle came back, with the guy's finger still on the trigger, is an accident waiting to happen IMHO...

I thought the same thing. Especially that first round from the Beretta.

Was waiting to see a stream of blood from the shooter blowing his nose off or worse the camerman's nose! Idiots...real scientific test.

It wasn't. You can see it move around. And when the guy was done shooting the first gun, he waved the muzzle across the cameraman.

And what exactly is the guy trying to prove? I smell foul play in this one, there's no way to tell if he's using factory parts and ammo. I also wonder if a Glock's lighter weight is a factor. I'm sure I could get the same results without limp wristing if I used a 23# spring and light handloads. I'm also sure I could get my Glock to cycle with a 11# spring and +p+ ammo.

That and the guy sounded like a
94993.gif

[hmmm]What did I learn today?
Don't but a Glock 17C single shot semi automatic.

I learned not to try to shoot more than 1 round from a Glock 17 while holding it with thumb and forefinger, or most any other pistol.

Why I or anyone else would ever want or need to is a totally different question.

And what exactly is the guy trying to prove? I smell foul play in this one, there's no way to tell if he's using factory parts and ammo. I also wonder if a Glock's lighter weight is a factor. I'm sure I could get the same results without limp wristing if I used a 23# spring and light handloads. I'm also sure I could get my Glock to cycle with a 11# spring and +p+ ammo.

I don't smell any foul play. Why would it be, considering that
the factory is constantly telling people that they're limp wristing?

I've never had a problem with a Glock, but I try to hold onto my
handguns. Even my GF with her "child hands" was able to
shoot my G19 w/o failure and she doesn't have very good grip
strength. (she has severe carpal tunnel in both hands).

-Mike

the reason the glock didnt work was because it was a "c" model!! I bet that had alot to do with it.... no other guns were ported IIRC

umm and thats not too safe (holding the firearm with as little grip as possible and firing it multiple times w/finger in trigger) i would have liked to see some more saftey in this test but either way... i want to see it tested (safley) with a 17 non compensated... i believe that this didnt help the testing...

my 2 cents.

I don't smell any foul play. Why would it be, considering that
the factory is constantly telling people that they're limp wristing?

I've never had a problem with a Glock, but I try to hold onto my
handguns. Even my GF with her "child hands" was able to
shoot my G19 w/o failure and she doesn't have very good grip
strength. (she has severe carpal tunnel in both hands).

-Mike
I just find it funny that only the Glock and Beretta had issues and that the guy is from a 1911 forum. I, like you, prefer to hold onto my guns when I fire them so I don't see the issue either way.

Back
Top Bottom