• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

links to outside sites wont load

headednorth

NES Member
Hesitated to mention because my wifi is less than ideal. When I click on a link to an outside site it never loads. Just noticed this today. Clicking on something inside of NES, pages open fine. Clicking on a link leading to an outside site, the outside website wont load. Fwiw, if I open a new tab and click a bookmark or google something and then click the pages open fine, just going from NES to another site isnt working. Tried a bunch of different links from different threads within NES all with the same result.

Running firefox with windows 8 point something. Also running adblock plus and noscript but never had a problem before today.

Thanks

Can you try temporarily disabling adblock and noscript (one by one, and then together) to see if it's one or the other causing the issue?

It's possible a new ruleset for either of them is blocking something causing the links to fail.

Appears to be an issue with noscript.

-disabled adblockplus and still had issue.
-disabled noscript and issue went away.
-re-enabled adblockplus still worked ok.
-re-enabled noscript and issue re-appeared.

Currently have adblockplus enabled and noscript disabled and am able to click external links and they work as they should.

Now with noscript enabled even links within NES such as clicking on the New Posts button or Forums button wont load. If I disable noscript it immediately works fine.

I'll try and get my own setup to match yours this week to play around with it, but I'm not sure what would be causing the block in noscript - we haven't changed anything with regards to how any internal or external links work in months.

I'll try and get my own setup to match yours this week to play around with it, but I'm not sure what would be causing the block in noscript - we haven't changed anything with regards to how any internal or external links work in months.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom