Linsky racked up $154,000 in unpaid federal taxes

That statement is simply not true. By definition.

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Thanks
It is if one assumes intelligence follows a normal distribution. If not, YMMV.

I would guess there are more people 3 std devs below than 3 above.
Who knows? Intelligence is hard to measure directly. I seem to recall that IQ tests, which arguably do not measure intelligence per se, are contrived to produce a normal distribution with mean, median, and mode at 100.

Who knows? Intelligence is hard to measure directly. I seem to recall that IQ tests, which arguably do not measure intelligence per se, are contrived to produce a normal distribution with mean, median, and mode at 100.
I thought they targeted about 115 due to the Lake Woebegon effect.

Not that easy:
  • OICs must be accompanied by a payment of 20% of the IRS "asking price" - so much to settling for ten cents on the dollar.
  • They are granted for only 3 reasons:
    • Doubt as to oweability - is there a chance the taxpayer could win a court appeal?
    • Doubt as to collectability (not just current assets, the IRS looks at future expected earnings as well)
    • "Efficient administration of tax policy" whatever that means

My guess is in the vast majority of cases paying the 20% when you don’t owe it is a better deal than fighting it. At the same time 20% f*** it…..

I love how the third option could mean anything…

The second option is we got to take what we can get

And the first option is we’re just f***ing this person anyway…

Sounds about right

Linsky is a first class putz. Just like "Mr Frosty" Ed Markey, has no idea what the private sector is all about. He loves sucking from the teet of the hard working tax payers. Of course, the people that vote for him will vote for him again because they're putzes as well.

Back
Top Bottom