• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Litchfield man killed by officer for shooting off his porch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't shoot within certain distances of houses without permission and no close that 15' from a road.

My thinking is the officer told the guy to put the gun down and he pointed it at the officer. Just a thought, hopefully we know more soon.

based on the google maps and the fact it looks like he lived in a trailerpark I think he may have been closer than 300ft from a neighbors house. there has got to be more to the story

This story stinks. All I read is a guy is shooting off his porch, which he shouldn't be doing. I didn't think you could be shot on site for that.

based on the google maps and the fact it looks like he lived in a trailerpark I think he may have been closer than 300ft from a neighbors house. there has got to be more to the story

Yeah, if you live in a trailer park &/or your house has a unit #, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say satisfying that 300' req may be a bit tough from your front "porch".

If the guy meant no harm and he was plinking, even if wrong to do so, the prudent thing to do when police arrive is not to have gun in your hand.

The report on WBZ this morning indicated that they were a stand-off between the man and police for a time prior to him being shot. Obviously we all want more details, but so far this sounds like a case of someone doing something stupid (shooting a firearm on the front porch of a trailer with lots of neighbors. Someone calls the police, the police come and tell the person to stop it and he takes exception to being told what to do on his property.

Hopefully we'll hear from some witnesses to confirm whether the police followed good procedure for dealing with him or if they saw a person with a drawn gun and immediately went into threat elimination.

This story stinks. All I read is a guy is shooting off his porch, which he shouldn't be doing. I didn't think you could be shot on site for that.

This is NH you can shoot off your porch all damn day. I've done it many times myself at my parents place. What you can't do is shoot within the compact zone of a town or within 300' of an adjacent building without the owners permission (exceptions are made in justified self defense shootings). There is more to the story here.

Here we go, another one who knows how to solve everything. Has all the right answers.

I don't have all the answers.

The report states he was shooting off his porch and was subsequently shot. That's all. I don't see how one gets from A to B.

The only reason he should have been shot, is if he pointed the gun in a threatening manner at the responding officers. I don't see that mentioned anywhere. And if it did go down that way, it would have been mentioned.

I don't have all the answers.

The report states he was shooting off his porch and was subsequently shot. That's all. I don't see how one gets from A to B.

The only reason he should have been shot, is if he pointed the gun in a threatening manner at the responding officers. I don't see that mentioned anywhere. And if it did go down that way, it would have been mentioned.

I have a hard time believing someone would make the decision to point an already in their hands firearm at a police officer, thus having the advantage, and then that same person allowing the officer to draw and fire without shooting the officer. THAT scenario makes absolutely no sense.

I have a hard time believing someone would make the decision to point an already in their hands firearm at a police officer, thus having the advantage, and then that same person allowing the officer to draw and fire without shooting the officer. THAT scenario makes absolutely no sense.

Suicide by cop. It happens.

No, it wouldn't have been mentioned.
Agati would not elaborate on the details of the shooting Monday night,...
They won't be revealing the the details of the case for some time to come.

I bet there was some pointing of guns at cops.

If you're gonna do that know that you're in for a pound.

Or he was shot when he was told to drop the gun and did not. More facts need to be released before anybody can really say what did or did not happen.
Maybe the police over reacted or maybe they did not. We were not there so its easy to use hindsight in the comfort of our homes in front of our computers to figure out what happened.

Last edited:
I don't see how one has a "confrontation" with your back turned. Also would like to hear when he died exactly. A single perf'd lung is not exactly a instant kill shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom