• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Live in MA, Can I sell Ammo in surrounding free states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. My understanding is that one cannot sell ammo in MA without a license to be doing so. I believe those laws are quite black and white. Why sell, when there is a possibility never to be able to buy it again? Because I've become somewhat disabled, and I don't see myself going to the range again any time soon. Coupled with related financial issues. Ammo doesn't taste as good as eggs for breakfast, or chicken for dinner.

From what I understand, Mass FFLs cannot ship ammo to a non FFL holding Mass resident - even if they have an LTC/FID.

A Mass LTC/FID holder can ship ammo to another Mass LTC/FID holder.

It is also completely legal for someone out of state (outside of MA) to ship to Mass, as well as it is legal for a Mass LTC/FID holder to ship ammo to another state (it is not beholden on the shipper to knowing other state's laws).

From what I understand, Mass FFLs cannot ship ammo to a non FFL holding Mass resident - even if they have an LTC/FID.

It is also completely legal for someone out of state (outside of MA) to ship to Mass, as well as it is legal for a Mass LTC/FID holder to ship ammo to another state (it is not beholden on the shipper to knowing other state's la

It is also completely legal for someone out of state (outside of MA) to ship to Mass, as well as it is legal for a Mass LTC/FID holder to ship ammo to another state (it is not beholden on the shipper to knowing other state's laws).
If you are in MA, do not ship ammo to someone in MA unless they email you a copy of their LTC/FID

If you're worried, take it to any local gun shop and they will HAPPILY buy it from you. No license required.
First off they would give you pennies on the dollar,, private sale is the way to go.
2nd.. liability! If they resell it and something goes wrong with the ammo they would be liable.

That sounds amazing. Let's see it in writing. Pointer/weblink? Cause a license to sell ammo tells a different story.
So you want to sell.off your ammo because you won't be shooting anymore. But you dont want to risk being prohibited from buying ammo in the future?

Enough already, OP I've got cash and I'm in NH. If your dead set on selling you ammo for pennies in the dollar I'll be happy to help out. Totally legal to sell ammo on the street corner up here. And since you are living in fear of the law, we should take care of those scarry guns as well. We will have to go to a dealer to do those transfers, but you can bring them up here, I've got an LGS that is always willing to help (with their fee), and I've gotten many from MA owners this way.

So PM me and put an end to this thread

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

First off they would give you pennies on the dollar,, private sale is the way to go.
2nd.. liability! If they resell it and something goes wrong with the ammo they would be liable.
Lol, wrong on both counts.

How can we make this thread any gayer? Misinformation on top of pant shitting fear.

[rofl]

The bottom line on this... GOAL has made it perfectly clear that the MA law does not allow unlicensed people to sell ammo. I am surprised NES allows related ads on this site and wonder if occasionally people are getting picked off and arrested or fined. And shocked that NES allows gay bashing too, in above post. No one here likes the law, or agrees with the law, but it is the current law in MA. And these days the criminals in charge are looking for any excuse to nail you to the wall. And to punish our community because of the way that we vote.

The bottom line on this... GOAL has made it perfectly clear that the MA law does not allow unlicensed people to sell ammo.

Lol not sure if serious. If you're not comfortable doing it, then don't. Nobody is getting "arrested or fined" for selling a few boxes of ammo on the side though. That much I know as FACT.

Or perhaps you can take 42 up on his generous offer in #102 and sell him some stuff out of state. Also perfectly legal, beyond perfectly legal, actually.

Believe what you want. I'm closing this shithouse because this is one of those idiotic things that gets beaten to death with no resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom