• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Livin' For the Apocalypse...

Anyone see this crap????
Sent and e-mail to TLC today-

This was a hatchet job designed to depict "preppers" in a poor light. The selection of some of the participants was nothing more than a persistent effort to marginalize these people and make the rest of the world think they're a bunch of quacks. Why couldn't the whole show depict folks such as those in the first two segments? Too normal to push the 'fringe lunatic' agenda that was obviously the objective here. Poor judgement.

there was one on discovery that wasnt that bad, showed some rational people, it was from a few month agos, but if i was "prepper" i wouldnt care, ps they want people to be entertained, you have to show the lunny side of it, good ratings, gets people riled up.

Every "prepper" I've met to date has been of above average intelligence, some exceedingly so. They are able to think and do most anything for themselves without the help of anyone else.

People who criticise them are either stupid, willfully ignorant, have an agenda or are hiding their own fear and HOPING nothing bad ever happens.

I'd much rather live among people who are preppers than people who are useless present and future dependents.

Did one of them have a pool they made out of the garden?! That was pretty cool, but I doubt it will last long when the rest of the neighborhood is starving and knows its there. The last couple was a bit odd. An old woman an old ma...woman?! Man-woman? He-she? Kinda lost me when they came on....no offense, just sayin...

Did one of them have a pool they made out of the garden?! That was pretty cool, but I doubt it will last long when the rest of the neighborhood is starving and knows its there. The last couple was a bit odd. An old woman an old ma...woman?! Man-woman? He-she? Kinda lost me when they came on....no offense, just sayin...

How do you make a pool out of a garden? And why would it not last long because of starving people? I didn't see the show, but that sounds very strange.

I'd much rather live among people who are preppers than people who are useless present and future dependents.

If the SHTF there will be no "useless present and future dependents", at least, not in my area. What you do is up to you. Food will be scarce, the fewer the better. There will be no law other than your own moral compass. Those that produce live, those that don't .... well. It's survival.

Some people smirk when I say I have iodine tablets to purify water and MREs if the shtf. They listen a bit more when I explain that, without electricity and fuel for a month, grocery stores won't have food or water on the shelves and that there will be people willing to take from you what they need for their family.

Some people forget that food doesn't come from a grocery store..it's just where we buy it.

These are exactly whom I was referring to without coming off as offensive. To what end did having these people on there serve? To make the rest of the crowd look like a bunch of idiots.

Well we are already seeing an orchestrated attempt to paint libertarians/tea party types, and other freedom and liberty advocates as whacko racists. It's about time they expand those efforts to making preppers and other self sufficient types appear the same way.

The pool was drained a lot and had tilapia in it. The water was filtered around enclosure and the fish crap basically fertilized the plants. Overall, it was a good setup. But it was also too obvious and the entire neighborhood knew about it. It would be tough to defend but then again, most of our homes would be tough to defend.

The producers did add a ‘these people are crazy’ in the program. I don’t think that meant to do so, but it was there. Personally, I think that everyone one the show was much more ready than the normal American sheeple.

Back
Top Bottom