• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Living without a refrigerator

I’d like to hear more about this. We have 3 freezers and I main fridge. I like to buy for the long haul. Definitely interested in perspective without one

Forget the fridge. Want to change your life? Live without a TV. You'll be amazed when you realize how much of your life you've wasted sitting on your ass watching other people pretend to do stuff.
Whoah whoah whoah. Let's not go overboard here.

Forget the fridge. Want to change your life? Live without a TV. You'll be amazed when you realize how much of your life you've wasted sitting on your ass watching other people pretend to do stuff.
Something to be said about that. Lamborghini doesn’t bother doing commercials because they said “people who buy our cars don’t watch TV”. I guess you can say the same for any car at that cost.

Something to be said about that. Lamborghini doesn’t bother doing commercials because they said “people who buy our cars don’t watch TV”. I guess you can say the same for any car at that cost.
Well no worries there. I'm not interested in owning their product.

On a serious note, interesting topic. With just the two of us now, outrageous price of grocery and store being two minutes away, we buy way less. The fridge is half empty, always. We go to the store two to three times a week, getting just what we need. No waste and nothing gets thrown out. We could almost get away without the fridge. But definitely need the freezers.

I wish we could say that. We tend to be big eaters and make more then we should. Sometimes we eat the leftovers and sometimes it just sits in the fridge. It’s unfortunate but we throw more food away then we should.
We will have some leftovers at times but it becomes my lunch and even at times breakfast. Eating it for breakfast stops me from eating junk. We have little to no junk anymore because it's just expensive. This inflation thing has one benefit; my diet has improved dramatically!

On a serious note, interesting topic. With just the two of us now, outrageous price of grocery and store being two minutes away, we buy way less. The fridge is half empty, always. We go to the store two to three times a week, getting just what we need. No waste and nothing gets thrown out. We could almost get away without the fridge. But definitely need the freezers.
Is a fridge like a freezer where it cost less to run if full? If so I wonder if it's worth filling some space with filler

I think that most on NES already subscribe to your theory, except for the life wasting sitting on your ass part!

Back
Top Bottom