• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Loaner Rifle List, Harvard 4/19 Appleseed

This is to establish a set list of who has requested loaner rifles for Harvard on the 4/18-19 weekend. I'll add the status (and who they'r ecoming from), so we can track who can provide them, and please post updates here on your numbers.

If you're attending, and can bring a spare .22 to loan, please do, and I'll thank you for it. Please reply to this post, with a brief description of what you're bringing.

If you are using a loaner, you'll need to have ammo, unless you make specific arrangements for some to be brought for you.

Ninsho - 3 LTR's (1 from Nickle, 2 from Tony Dedo)
RG617 - 2 rifles (2 from Nickle)
Turbocharged - 3 rifles (2 from Nickle, 1 from Mr Twigg?)
Mack937 - 1 bolt gun (513T from Nickle)
Becka - 1 LTR (from crak)
tele_mark - scoped rifle
Fwapsk - 2 rifles
Silver74 - 1 rifle

Who's providing what:

Nickle - 4 LTR's with Tech Sights, 1 scoped LTR, 1 scoped Win 190 (tube mag), 1 Rem 513-T (target sights).
Tony Dedo - 2 LTR's?
JonJ - 2 LTR's?
Tank - scoped tube mag bolt gun (with Nickle)
crak - 1 LTR
CetmemanNH - 6 LTR's

Last edited by a moderator:
Nickle, are all yours bolt action?

Anyway, anyone that's bring something to loan out, I convinced my mother and sister to come. Help set them up! :D

Nickle, are all yours bolt action?

Anyway, anyone that's bring something to loan out, I convinced my mother and sister to come. Help set them up! :D

1 bolt gun, 1 tube fed semi-auto, the other 5 are 10/22's.

We'll get them set up with easy to use stuff.

Mack937 will probably get the bolt gun, it's L O N G and H E A V Y.

Remington 513-T. Smallbore target rifle, but mine has a much better front sight than the pic.

D6820A.jpg

I requested one from Ross, but he'll be in NY.
Does anyone else still have one I can use?
I have my dads Marlin 60 but I don't have any of the suggested add ons yet (sling, speed loader for the tube feed, scope)...

Info on the Speed Loader is here (not sure if you have to be a member there to access it, if so, shoot me a PM here, I'll help you get on board there):

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5866.0

You pick up a scope, get to Harvard early, we can mount and bore sight it for you, if you can't get it done before then (I highly recommend getting it mounted, bore sighted and zeroed ahead of time). I can have the tools to install sling swivels studs there for you to use, even talk you through it. That's assuming the stock is wood. Parts I might be able to arrange as well.

Nickle, I'll probably be out of town that weekend and won't be able to attend, but if it looks like you're running short of loaner rifles, I have a couple LTRs I can chip in (10/22 w/tech sights and a Tapco collapsible stock, 10/22-T heavy barrel with tech sights).

Let me know if you're going to need them, and we'll work out the details.

-TD

Nickle, I'll probably be out of town that weekend and won't be able to attend, but if it looks like you're running short of loaner rifles, I have a couple LTRs I can chip in (10/22 w/tech sights and a Tapco collapsible stock, 10/22-T heavy barrel with tech sights).

Let me know if you're going to need them, and we'll work out the details.

-TD

Yes, we would like to use them. Coordinate it with Crak, JonJ or Ninsho (if he's from MA) to keep it legal.

Becka: The one I told you was taken just became available. My brother is going to be an IIT instead of taking my rifle! :)

But, there is plenty of time to get the McDonald's straws and a sling for the Marlin, which is a fine rifle. So if you can do that, you'd be freeing up a loaner for someone else.

Last edited:
This is to establish a set list of who has requested loaner rifles for Harvard on the 4/18-19 weekend. I'll add the status (and who they'r ecoming from), so we can track who can provide them, and please post updates here on your numbers.

If you're attending, and can bring a spare .22 to loan, please do, and I'll thank you for it. Please reply to this post, with a brief description of what you're bringing.

If you are using a loaner, you'll need to have ammo, unless you make specific arrangements for some to be brought for you.

Ninsho - 4 LTR's (2 from Nickle, 2 from Tony Dedo)
RG617 - 2 rifles (2 from Nickle)
Turbocharged - 3 rifles (2 from Nickle, 1 from ?)
Mack937 - 1 bolt gun (513T from Nickle)
Becka - 1 LTR (from crak)

Who's providing what:

Nickle - 4 LTR's with Tech Sights, 1 scoped LTR, 1 Win 190, 1 Rem 513-T.
Mr Twigg - ?
Tony Dedo - 2 LTR's?
JonJ - 2 LTR's?
Tank - scoped tube mag bolt gun (with Nickle)
crak - 1 LTR

I see "rifle" and "LTR" on the list. I know LTR stands for "Liberty Training Rifle", what exactly is the difference between an "LTR" and a normal rifle?
Thanks.

I see "rifle" and "LTR" on the list. I know LTR stands for "Liberty Training Rifle", what exactly is the difference between an "LTR" and a normal rifle?
Thanks.

If there is a difference, and its not merely a clerical oversight, I would say that the "LTR" denotes an LTR-- modified 10/22, whereas the "rifles" would be rifles that are not modified 10/22s

LTRs are fine for us. I think myself and the family could learn the most using just the tech sights.
Anything semiauto is fine.

Last edited:
Nickle, you can free up LTR loaner #4 that I asked for, my friend worked out his issues and bought one this weekend, I'll be setting it up for him ASAP, so that means I only need 3.

Is anyone bringing spare web slings? It appears they are on back order on midway, as are the uncle mike's sling studs and extended mag releases... I think I have a spare set of sling studs for my friend but only one spare sling.

Nickle, you can free up LTR loaner #4 that I asked for, my friend worked out his issues and bought one this weekend, I'll be setting it up for him ASAP, so that means I only need 3.

Is anyone bringing spare web slings? It appears they are on back order on midway, as are the uncle mike's sling studs and extended mag releases... I think I have a spare set of sling studs for my friend but only one spare sling.

If you really need one, I can grab the one off my SKS to bring. Its one of the green ones with the leather ends.

I will have 2 extra slings, an extra stock and an extra pair of QD 1" for the shoot.

OP updated.

I will have some slings available with me, for sale. Black USGI web slings, cost will be $10 each. We need to keep it to those that need one for the event first, then anybody else after. I don't do this to make money, but to make sure slings are available. I've lost at least a dozen loaner slings over the past couple of years, so now I simply sell them sling.

I still have a few cheesy loaner slings that can be borrowed, but, they won't be web or 1907 slings. They work OK for hasty sling use.

Are my family members and I all set? I see that MrTwigg is still "?" status (and we would prefer semiautos, but beggers can't be choosers, so we'll take what there is).
Thanks

Can I get added to the list of those requesting loaners?

I signed my wife and myself up for the Appleseed in Harvard, MA. We will be going a little under equipped. I have and can get most of the items on the checklist for what to bring to an Appleseed, but unless I can borrow a rifle, I will probably be shooting a pump .22lr, with a tube magazine, that was made pre-WWII. I shot it this week, it worked fine, my aim was not so hot. That was the first time I've shot a rifle in eons.

My wife will use my Marlin, which is older than she is, as it is a pre-1968 99M1. I shot that this week too. I am trying to borrow another Marlin. Still, we will be bringing what we have and really testing the idea of a real beginner being able to learn to be a rifleman at an Appleseed. At the very least, I believe we will learn a lot.

If I could borrow a rifle, I would give her the choice as to which to use.

Thanks.

I signed up today, I'm very exited, I just don't have an LTR yet can I be added to the loaner list please.

Thank you very much for helping me. [wave]

Hi, Nickle...
I may need to add my name to the LTR loaner list for the Harvard event for my son. We had a loaner lined up, but I haven't been able to arrange for a pick-up of that rifle.

Can you put me down for a tentative loaner? I'll keep trying to contact the member who first made the offer, and I'll let you know if I no longer need your loaner.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

ETA: I have a spare sling that I can bring to put on the loaner.

Last edited:
I have one LTR, one Bushmaster DCM AR if someone wants to spend the $$$ for ammo and one scoped 10/22 that we can rig up with a different stock if needed, need mags too but there's an offer out there for loan of the stock and mags. Just let me know if I should bring this one & the AR.

Back
Top Bottom