Local Firearms Safety Instructors

Western MA/Northwest CT Area

I'm an NRA/MA Certified Instructor offering NRA Basic Pistol classes twice monthly at the Hartford Gun Club in East Granby, CT (just west of Bradley Airport). The facility includes a 10-position 50' indoor range and large classroom. Two instructors per class. Live fire session includes opportunity to shoot both rimfire and center fire. NY residents can participate in live fire training due to the course location (illegal within NY).

PM or e-mail me for additional info. Sign-up locations include West Stockbridge, MA and Windsor Locks, CT. I accept credit cards through secure PayPal e-mail invoices - no PayPal account required.

Web site

Last edited:
Instructor Contact Information

Dennis Doti- Instructor
MA State Police B.S.F. Certified
NRA Pistol Instructor Certified

First Defense Firearms, Inc.
6 North Main St., Ste. 202B
Uxbridge, MA 01569
508-278-6844

[email protected] (Feel free to e-mail me)
www.firstdefensefirearms.com (Website)

- Basic Firearms Safety Classes for LTC
- Private Shooting Instruction
- Group, Private and Women Only Classes Available

Classes are held in Uxbridge, MA (15 minutes south of Worcester- Rte. 146, Exit 3)

Classes are once per month. Dates and times are determined on a month to month basis. Every effort is made to accomodate students' schedules.

If you have any questions, feel free to call or e-mail me. Your questions will be answered promptly.

Jay Forestier
Malden MA
NRA Instructor
Basic pistol
Home firearm safety
781-771-7877

Last edited:
Rick Sitte
Norton, MA

NRA Training Counselor
Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor
-Basic Pistol
-Basic Rifle
-Basic Shotgun
-Muzzleloading Rifle
-Muzzleloading Shotgun
-Home Firearm safety
-Range safety Officer
-Chief Range Safety Officer
-Personal Protection in the Home

Massachusetts Certified

USA Archery Intermediate Archery Instructor

Boy Scouts of America Shooting Sports Director

email: [email protected]

Last edited:
the Gun & Sport North , in Lawrence, ma. offers NRA/MA safety courses for your permits in MA,

located at 248A Broadway Lawrence, Ma. 01841 978-689-2722 corners of rt. 28 & RT 110

they are thursday or friday from 8:00pm -11:00pm

call for an appointment

Charles Swanberg
Swan Mountain Training
Wellesley, MA

e-mail: [email protected]
tel. 781-237-9699

NRA and MA State Police certified instructor

NRA Basic Pistol
NRA Basic Shotgun
NRA Home Firearm Safety

Private and semi-private classes scheduled as needed. Location of courses: Fin, Fur and Feather Club in Millis, MA.

Darius Arbabi, Esq.
600 Worcester Rd, Ste 504
Framingham, MA 01702

*NRA Basic Pistol
*NRA Home Firearms Safety
*NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home
*NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home

-- Private Lessons and Small Private Classes
-- Classes are taught at my law office, with range sessions at the Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club (www.wprclub.com)

NRA Training Counselor teaching NRA Instructor Classes for years with Jon Green and GOAL (www.goal.org)

Mass Firearms School
61 Nicholas Road
Framingham, MA
781-559-3064
www.MassFirearmsSchool.com
[email protected]

Our Instructors are all members of the board and bring with them years of firearms experience as well as backgrounds in law enforcement.

We offer several Basic Firearms Safety Classes every week. The cost is $99 with a $20 off coupon for Four Seasons Firearms.

We also offer both beginners and advanced shooting courses.

Steve Horigan

South Shore, Plymouth & Cape Cod
[email protected]
781-974-3920

NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Pistol
NRA Home Firearms Safety
Mass State Police Certified Instructor

Private and group lessons offered.
Nights and weekends available.

Classes schedule every week.

Last edited:
From the GOAL Foundation Instructor List

Berkshire County Area :

Louis Robesch of Pittsfield is a NRA Training Counselor, call him at 413-499-9533.

Walter Neumann II can be reached at 413-467-9745 email [email protected] .

Eric Goodchild is certified with the NRA and the State to teach basic pistol and rifle. He can be contacted at 413-625-8203.

Robert J. McDermott is NRA certified in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection Inside the Home, Refuse To Be a Victim and is a MA State Police certified BFS Instructor, as well as an NRA Chief Range Safety Officer. He can be reached at 413-232-7700 or [email protected] or www.NRApistolinstructor.com

Springfield Area:

Les Prentice is MA State Certified Basic Pistol, call him at 413-783-6775

Tim Messer is an NRA Training Counselor, NRA Instructor and MA State Certified Instructor. He teaches rifle, pistol, shotgun, HFS and Personal Protection in the Home. Classes are held at the Northampton Revolver Club. 413-584-7632 or [email protected]

For Law Enforcement and Civilian Firearms classes taught at the Franklin County League of Sportsmen's Clubs Inc., 721 River Road, Deerfield, MA. Call Instructor Alan Lambert. Office...413-773-3622 OR 413-774-1285 Cell Phone...413-834-1692 or [email protected]

Holyoke Revolver Club holds NRA Basic courses on the fourth Saturday of each month, contact the club at 413-539-9345.

Ray Smith is NRA & MA State Police Certified. He offers NRA Basic Shotgun Training at Ludlow F & G. He can be contacted at 413-596-3288 or by email at [email protected].

Northampton Revolver Club has three instructors and holds courses on a regular basis, contact the club at 413-586-7821.

Smith & Wesson National Firearms Training Center in Springfield , MA 413-846-6400 .

Ludlow Fish & Game offers NRA Basic Shotgun Instructional courses classes every 4 to 5 weeks, March thru November. Contact Ray Smith at 413-596 3288 or email him at [email protected].

DEFENSIVE POSTURE Personal Firearms Training

Private and Semi-Private Instruction and Consultation *NRA BASIC PISTOL CLASS for MA and CT CARRY PERMITS. *Personalized Sessions Based on Your Interests and Requirements: Home Defense - Concealed Carry - Assistance with 1st Gun Purchase/Gun Safety & Storage in the Home - Programs for "Women Only" - Special Interest/Emphasis on Teaching Those New to Firearms - Special Training Needs: Physical Impairments, Specific Firearm, etc. - Affordable Hourly Rates - Your Satisfaction is Always Guaranteed - Sessions are held at our office in Plainville Massachusetts but, for your convenience, we are happy to bring our training to your home or office. - We shoot at ranges in North Attleboro MA and Monroe CT.--- INSTRUCTOR: Martin Gruder, D.C. - NRA (Basic Pistol) and MA State Police Certified -call for additional information: 508-740-7770

Maine CWP Training

*ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AT WESTERN MAINE FISH & GAME INCLUDED

PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS THAT SATISFY NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS TO: APPLY FOR YOUR (CWP) CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT

NO BETTER GIFT THAN PERSONAL PROTECTION

Knowledge ~ Skills ~ Attitude ~ Your Home Is Your Castle

NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MAY 30th ONE-DAY

NRA CERTIFIED PERSONAL PROTECTION IN THE HOME COURSE

ACCEPTING JUNE 27th APPLICATIONS AS MAY IS ALMOST FULL

CONDUCTED AT WESTERN MAINE FISH & GAME

FIREARMS AND THE LAW: POSSESSION, OWNERSHIP AND THE USE OF DEADLY FORCE IS ALSO OFFERED SEPARATELY FOR $35.

Visit www.MaineCWPtraining.com for details.

I have been trying to get a LE (pistol/patrol rifle/shotgun) instructor course for years...and since my Chief is lame and content with the one he has, now I have to look elsewhere. So I am looking for a starting point to become an instructor...so far I have checked GOAL among other things. I am in the Leominster Fitchburg area so anyone have any thoughts send em my way. I could read the whole post here but that will take days...

I have been trying to get a LE (pistol/patrol rifle/shotgun) instructor course for years...and since my Chief is lame and content with the one he has, now I have to look elsewhere. So I am looking for a starting point to become an instructor...so far I have checked GOAL among other things. I am in the Leominster Fitchburg area so anyone have any thoughts send em my way. I could read the whole post here but that will take days...

It reads like you are looking for the MPTC Firearms Instructor course?

If so, either check out MPTC's website or call them to get the info on when/where it might be held near you.

This thread serves a very different purpose . . . it's aimed at NRA Instructors who train civilians and give them a MA SP Certificate to get their LTC/FID.

Dave Jenkins
Owner, Lead Instructor
Rochester Personal Defense

The staff and instructors are geared to provide:
Firearms safety instruction
Handgun tactics
Defensive shooting
Multiple state permit training
NY state permit training
CCW legalities instruction
Unarmed combative
Pepperspray
Edged Weaponry

And more......over most of NY state, Pennsylvania, and other fun areas

Visit the site at www.safeinrochester.com
or email me at [email protected]

dave

It reads like you are looking for the MPTC Firearms Instructor course?

If so, either check out MPTC's website or call them to get the info on when/where it might be held near you.

This thread serves a very different purpose . . . it's aimed at NRA Instructors who train civilians and give them a MA SP Certificate to get their LTC/FID.

LenS is right it seems like you want to take the MPTC fireams instructors course. this covers Pistol, shotgun, and patrol rifle. It is nearly impossible to find a course after all the budget cuts.

CCW Point Blank

This is neither a Basic Home Safety nor a Basic Pistol Course; this program was developed with the cooperation of Federal, State, and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, designed specifically for Civilian Concealed Carry Applications. Do to the material that we cover the program is 16-20 hours long and the class is kept to a small size. We utilize the AFS facility in N. Attleboro Ma for both classroom and range. All of our drills are presentation from the holster under stress fire conditions. We also offer Non Resident Florida Concealed Weapon License and Individual Training. References gladly given upon request. For additional Information view our web site at
www.ccwpointblank.com or contact us at [email protected]

Phil Donahue
CCW Point Blank
Ma State Police Certification LTC-018

“Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
Jeff Cooper

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom