Local source needed for powder, primer, etc

Hi All,

I've got the 550B set up, the conversion kit and dies ready, I've got the brass.

I need a local source for powder, primer & bullets. Any suggestions for the Central MA/Worcester area?

I was tempted to drive down to Cabela's in CT or Kittery in ME.

Thanks.

David

Blue Northern Trading in Ayer has primmers and powder in stock bought varget,bullseye,uniquie and some large pistol primers and small rifle primers there few weeks back. I dont know if the gun room in Worc. has reloading stuff or not.

Depends on what you are reloading. Northeast in attleboro has smaller bullets, alot of .308 and a little variety in powder etc., Bullseye in Woonsocket has alot more variety in everything, about 30 min + south of Worc. off 146

I'm also looking for components that are a little more local than Cabelas. Plus I'd much rather give the local guy my money than the big chain stores. I reload for most of the popular cartridges: .223, .270, 30-06, .38, 9mm, .40, .45, .460 (hopefully .500 soon!), plus 12 gauge. Anything even remotely close to North Brookfield? Thanks in advance, Jamie

I'm also looking for components that are a little more local than Cabelas. Plus I'd much rather give the local guy my money than the big chain stores. I reload for most of the popular cartridges: .223, .270, 30-06, .38, 9mm, .40, .45, .460 (hopefully .500 soon!), plus 12 gauge. Anything even remotely close to North Brookfield? Thanks in advance, Jamie

This place isn't too far from you and the last time I was there he had a pretty good selection. Nice guy, kinda gruff, but a nice guy.

Sparky's Gun Shop
E. Main Plaza
Webster, MA 01570
Tel: (508) 943-4211
[email protected]
Hours:
Tues-Wed 10am-6pm
Thur-Fri 10am-8pm
Sat 10am-5pm

This place isn't too far from you and the last time I was there he had a pretty good selection. Nice guy, kinda gruff, but a nice guy.

Sparky's Gun Shop
E. Main Plaza
Webster, MA 01570
Tel: (508) 943-4211
[email protected]
Hours:
Tues-Wed 10am-6pm
Thur-Fri 10am-8pm
Sat 10am-5pm

Stopped in tonight. Not a bad place, decent selection. Reminded me of an old barber shop with a few regulars sitting around shooting the $hit and offering up free unwarranted advice.[smile] Met an apprentice gunsmith who's learning from an old-timer, I may throw him something small to work on to try him out. Thanks for the lead BP, I'll definately be going there again!

Stopped in tonight. Not a bad place, decent selection. Reminded me of an old barber shop with a few regulars sitting around shooting the $hit and offering up free unwarranted advice.[smile] Met an apprentice gunsmith who's learning from an old-timer, I may throw him something small to work on to try him out. Thanks for the lead BP, I'll definately be going there again!

Great analogy! That's right on the money.

If you know what you want, Tite Group Sporting in Westboro, or Jon Green at GOAL can order you what you want. Thats probably only worth it if you want to order bulk quantities of components.

AE

Back
Top Bottom