Local Town Bans Guns

Volkl78

Banned
A local town (Wendell) banned guns from their town hall because one of the female board members "felt threatened" when a townsperson got angry at a meeting (she knew he often carried concealed, legally by the way). The gun ban was broadcasted in the paper & on TV and now other board members are even more fearful since everyone know knows it is a "soft target". My question is if you save a life when carrying in a gun free zone or a "gun free city" are they really going to put a hero in jail?

if they want town halls to be gun free then good luck. I don't frequent them often enough to worry about it. If the people who work there feel safer being disarmed and advertising it then so be it.

But I think those selective bans should not be allowed as they are impossible for law abiding citizens to keep track of. Like in Michigan every town should abide by the states gun laws.

Does the ban have weight of law in MA? I was under the distinct impression that no gun signs and the like didn't have any legal standing. Not to say that you couldn't get your LTC yanked anyhow, just because Massachusetts.

They can probably have some shitty town ordinance, but it's likely to be pretty toothless. (eg fine with no jail time).

-Mike

Feeling threatened isn't reason to enact silly regulations. Their reaction, is NOT, your fault or responsibility.
Get people to town hall meeting and laugh them off the ballot, then recall them into unemployment.

Back
Top Bottom