Lockable File Cabinet

Every corporation that I worked at had a company locksmith with duplicate keys for every lock. Most file cabinets have the key number engraved on the lock face. Any locksmith can duplicate the key with that number, so it might be legal but it might also be risky.
Get an older GSA one with the mechanical Group I before they started requiring electronic.

Get an older GSA one with the mechanical Group I before they started requiring electronic.

This, all day long. Right now a lot of older safes need to be replaced by DoD Industry contractors as they are now "out of spec" due to lock or design. I have an old Hamilton Class 6 - 4 drawer with a new digital S&G lock on it at home and it is fantastic for pistols, ARs and take down rifles, as well as ammo storage.

Sometimes a small mom & pop DoD contractor that was certified to possess classified will go out of business and liquidate their safes.

Older Mosler built GSA Safes are awesome as well.

I want one of these though.....

class5_Weapons_container.gif

Last edited:
I worked in the office furniture business for years. I was constantly changing out locks and keys for customers. Typical call was something like "employee was fired/let go/retired" and they needed to get into the file. Then they wanted a new lock and key. I had (in fact still have) master keys and lock plug removal keys and can be into your file cabinet in seconds.

All of that said I think securing your firearm in a locked file cabinet is OK. Just don't let other employees know.

View attachment 277887
Steelcase cores! I too worked for an office furniture company for a long time. Very easy to get copies, pull cores etc. Definitely go with something more secure.

Back
Top Bottom