• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Locked threads and Banned members...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely, I'm not the only one here that will read a thread just because it's locked right?

Or read the last post(s) of somebody that has been banned, right?

Yeah or Nay?

Surely, I'm not the only one here that will read a thread just because it's locked right?

Or read the last post(s) of somebody that has been banned, right?

Yeah or Nay?
Basically if no one speaks their complete and true opinion about gun laws, politicians and anti-gun groups then no such threads or bans would exist.

I do both.

What I especially dislike is locked threads without explanation, or even the last post being by a mod. There was a thread about locked threads a while back that ended that way. I guess whoever actually locked it thought it poetic or ironic in some way. Me, not so much...

I'm kinda like JDubs in a way, looking for the crash...

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

Oh and IB4TL

IBTL, LOL...

Yep, can't look away from the carnage.

Bad (but compelling) ideas for new threads:

Locked thread reference
Banned members list w/ offense
Poll for biggest crash and burn locked thread
Reference of topics sure to devolve into a keyboard brawl
[rofl]

Methinks none of those would end well but would be fun while they lasted. Maybe I already missed something, locked of course.[smile]

Last edited:
I read locked threads, I only check the last post of banned member if it's a regular. Although many times their last post was deleted.

I read them because some make sense, others, I scratch my head and wonder why but I figure there is a reason that the Mod-Gods are not sharing and that is all well and good because as it's been brought out here many times, this is not a democracy and we all do or should know the rules but then I am getting old and they say that the mind is the first thing to go and I forgot already what was the second..............

Anyways, it is fun to read locked threads and then say "Darn! Missed it by THAT much!" (posting in said thread)

Most of the time the last post of the banned is deleted.

I got my first infraction a couple weeks ago for what could be the lamest "vailed insult" ever launched. All I said was "even so and so could connect these dots". I've seen so and so insult other members sense (like real insults) then and even threaten another member (not the first time) He's still ranting on with no trouble. Starting to wonder if some members are more equal than others or if the mod in question that day was a rookie or his boyfriend. Pretty weak all around. Not like the old days.

I got my first infraction a couple weeks ago for what could be the lamest "vailed insult" ever launched. All I said was "even so and so could connect these dots". I've seen so and so insult other members sense (like real insults) then and even threaten another member (not the first time) He's still ranting on with no trouble. Starting to wonder if some members are more equal than others or if the mod in question that day was a rookie or his boyfriend. Pretty weak all around. Not like the old days.

Expect either another infraction or a talking to.

These never last long.
And yeah we should have a last comment page. Just so we know what NOT to post [devil]

I just want to know why JWP got banned. Meesa enjoyed his postas...

this

JWP flirts with the line all time. Like Skysoldier, I enjoy his straight forward no bullsh!t attitude.

and

IBTL!![banana][banana][banana]

Last edited:
as a whole when flintoid's posts got sanitized it really did us all a disservice as the AK-related ones were very useful. guy knows more about AKs than i could ever forget. that was too bad.

I read locked threads, I only check the last post of banned member if it's a regular. Although many times their last post was deleted.

Same here. I always try to figure out why a thread was locked (sometimes it's easy to see why; other times not so much) or a member banned (but usually come up empty on that one).

Scriv, JWP, Sky, Jose, well Jose went underground. At least when I get my Infarctions, I deserve them. The mods do a pretty decent job here. Derek has a good crew, I mean they are human after all,
Aren't they?!

as a whole when flintoid's posts got sanitized it really did us all a disservice as the AK-related ones were very useful. guy knows more about AKs than i could ever forget. that was too bad.

I think it goes "Flintoid has forgotten more about AKs than I will ever know." But the point stands.

Because crotchety old man.

flintoid #1 poster.

I always checked the locked threads figuring some there must be good. I have yet find a locked one that is good. Always disappointed.

Always check the banned too.

Scriv, JWP, Sky, Jose, well Jose went underground. At least when I get my Infarctions, I deserve them. The mods do a pretty decent job here. Derek has a good crew, I mean they are human after all,
Aren't they?!

JWP got the perma-ban?

"SO some other NES'er and I had a disagreement about a post. This guy left me three negative rep. points..."

I got my first infraction a couple weeks ago for what could be the lamest "vailed insult"
veiled... [wink] [smile]

I just try to post helpful/funny stuff and occasionally a point out a grammatical error or two. I try not to make enemies.
I wouldn't know what to do without the forum. I would have hours and hours of extra time on my hands. I might have to get a job or go shooting...

White Feather

(As I was typing this, I was wondering if the thread would still be open when I hit "post quick reply".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom