Long distance rifle club in nh?

Nashua has a 600 yard range. Very strict rules about shooting on it, need to prove you can shoot and take a test for different ranges. If you have hopes to cut a check and start sending them at 600, Nashua is not for you.

Nashua has a 600 yard range. Very strict rules about shooting on it, need to prove you can shoot and take a test for different ranges. If you have hopes to cut a check and start sending them at 600, Nashua is not for you.

with damned good reason though.

if you dont know the come ups / ballistic data for your particular rifle, you have *no* business just sending rounds downrange at extended distances. you skip a round off the 300yd firing line because you thought you only needed to come up "3 or 4 clicks" and whack someones house, there's a good chance that range gets shut down

That and NFGA is at its membership cap and isn't accepting new members right now.

If you're willing to cross state lines, Reading (Massachusetts) might be an option, and Scarborough (Maine) is another. Both have 600 yard ranges.

Pemi (Holderness, NH) has a 300 yard range, but plans to finish the club's 1000 yard range have been derailed by local politics last I heard.

If you put yourself on the waiting list at Nashua you may get in by June. I did the same last year and got in in June. I don't mind the restrictions. I enjoy the club. I think it is safer then most other clubs.

mark

Last edited:
Any one a member of Pelham willing to sponsor? I might join Chester I'm just concerned ill get bored of 150 yards fast with a Remington 700. I plan on spending close to $4000 building it close to a m40 as I can get.

you don't need one. just type up a one page summary of your background and other interests etc. and submit it with your application.

well no, they don't have the ninja-shaped targets that you require for your training...and, they don't allow you to bring ninjas to the range to practice on either. i found that one out the hard way.

well no, they don't have the ninja-shaped targets that you require for your training...and, they don't allow you to bring ninjas to the range to practice on either. i found that one out the hard way.

That doesn't make sense. If you can hit a ninja you can for sure keep your shots into the berm at 600.

That and NFGA is at its membership cap and isn't accepting new members right now.

The cap was due to the electronic key entry system they had in place. The software had a cap of 1000. The system was recently replaced and I was told the membership cap was going to be lifted.

All depends on what you consider 'long distance.' Major Waldron is a great club, but only 300 yards. As far as I am aware it is the longest range in the seacoast area. The Sig academy also has a 300 yard range, but I believe it's only available to students.

with damned good reason though.

if you dont know the come ups / ballistic data for your particular rifle, you have *no* business just sending rounds downrange at extended distances. you skip a round off the 300yd firing line because you thought you only needed to come up "3 or 4 clicks" and whack someones house, there's a good chance that range gets shut down

There's a 1000 yard range just outside of town that's free and open to the public. I actually think it might be taxpayer funded. There aren't any qualifications, requirements, or range officer supervision. Free states rock.

There's a 1000 yard range just outside of town that's free and open to the public. I actually think it might be taxpayer funded. There aren't any qualifications, requirements, or range officer supervision. Free states rock.

an AZ? no shit. theres actually still tracts of land out there that go for miles and miles.

there are housing developments within a mile or so of the berms @ Nashua (and Reading, and most every other club in new england). you throw a shot over that berm, you're gonna hit something

throw a shot in AZ...what are ya gonna hit? tumbleweeds? a rattlesnake? maybe a border jumper? who cares.

an AZ? no shit. theres actually still tracts of land out there that go for miles and miles.

there are housing developments within a mile or so of the berms @ Nashua (and Reading, and most every other club in new england). you throw a shot over that berm, you're gonna hit something

throw a shot in AZ...what are ya gonna hit? tumbleweeds? a rattlesnake? maybe a border jumper? who cares.

Oh I fully admit that I was just bragging in a very tasteless way and am comparing apples to oranges with regard to population density and associated level of risk. I still stand by it, though [wink].

Back
Top Bottom