• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Long Island gun stores raided

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/DA/NewsReleases/2011/021711gunshops.htm

Multiple gun shop were raided for selling illegal "Assault weapons"

Nassau County DA is taking the position that a pinned stock in not permanent

"Rice said that shop owners were breaking the law by temporarily modifying the weapons to appear as though they lacked the required characteristics of an assault weapon. However, the temporary modification was easily reversible, thereby making them full-fledged assault weapons. For example, a pin was placed in the stock of a weapon in an attempt to prevent its collapse. However, the pins were designed to be easily removable making the stock collapsible."

Tragically all my rifles were lost in a boating accident this morning.

This is the same county that prohibits it's assistant DA's from applying for a gun permit or possessing a handgun while employed in that job.

It will be interesting to see if the DA comes after the buyers, in the past they have used the FFL's records to visit NYC residents when the purchased AR15s

I'm unfamiliar with collapsible stocks (pinned or not).

What is the change of length of stock between collapsed and extended position?

--jcr

"Both T&T Gunnery and Hunter Sports were on notice that civilians who purchased these weapons from their stores had been arrested and charged with illegal possession of an assault weapon in both Nassau and Suffolk counties, but they continued to sell these weapons."

It will be interesting to see if the DA comes after the buyers, in the past they have used the FFL's records to visit NYC residents when the purchased AR15s

I'm unfamiliar with collapsible stocks (pinned or not).

What is the change of length of stock between collapsed and extended position?

--jcr

About 6" total. This gives you the ability to turn a normal firearm into a weapon of mass destruction. Though I forget, to go insane and terrorize a mall do you collapse the stock or extend it??

"Both T&T Gunnery and Hunter Sports were on notice that civilians who purchased these weapons from their stores had been arrested and charged with illegal possession of an assault weapon in both Nassau and Suffolk counties, but they continued to sell these weapons."

But were these earlier arrests because the buyers unpinned the stocks or because the stock were pinned but believed to be illegal.

Well I'm disgusted. Looks to me like this DA is trying to shut down as many gun stores as possible over something as trivial as a telescoping stock. This is what I don't like authoritarians.

Rice said that one defendant, Martin Tretola, 55, of Bellmore, and the owner of T&T Tactical in New Hyde Park and T&T Gunnery in Seaford, went so far as to demonstrate to undercover officers how to remove the temporary pin from the fixed stock making it collapsible.

well come get me... [thinking] i DID remove the pin(s) and re-pinned it (them) at MY desired length. i hope they can sleep better at knowing that. [rolleyes]

for the gov / LE trolls: if a bank gets knocked off tomorrow, my stock is still pinned. [rofl][rofl] your feel-good laws do nothing

I try not to put my collapsable AR stock to the lowest setting. Who knows how many people I'd kill before I regained control? [/sarcasm]

Isn't there some kind of legal action going on re: LI's differing gun laws? I thought I remembered reading about that.

The people of NY need to wake up and repeal the AWB there. Sadly that's not likely to happen anytime soon. This raid however, may open up the possibility of some parts of teh AWB being ruled out of bounds based on Heller's "in common use" standards. It would be hard to argue that adjustable stocks, which every major gun maker in the country issues as "standard" don't meet that criteria, especially because of the length of pull issue. My wife literally CANNOT shoot my Sig556 with the a2 stock. Her arms aren't long enough.

Sadly I think most people will stop after hearing LI Guns Shops selling illegal assault weapons and not actually read what it is they are talking about here.

So are they going after S&W next? The pin on my MP15-22 stock they sell as AWB compliant for CT is easily removable with needle nose pliers. As is the one in the "neutered" 10rd mags they sell.

The pin on my MP15-22 stock they sell as AWB compliant for CT is easily removable with needle nose pliers. As is the one in the "neutered" 10rd mags they sell.

I had been under the impression that S&W was one of the companies that put actual fixed stocks on their ban compliant rifles. Or is it just the M&P15-FT, and the 15-22 they pin?

So are they going after S&W next? The pin on my MP15-22 stock they sell as AWB compliant for CT is easily removable with needle nose pliers. As is the one in the "neutered" 10rd mags they sell.

I've seen the S&W pin job. They insert a pin but they don't drill the hole all the way through so it would take some work to get it out. You can't simply push it through and grab it with pliers. You would have to use a screw extractor to back it out or drill it out. I believe you are mistaken.

I've seen the S&W pin job. They insert a pin but they don't drill the hole all the way through so it would take some work to get it out. You can't simply push it through and grab it with pliers. You would have to use a screw extractor to back it out or drill it out. I believe you are mistaken.

I own one. I'm not mistaken. SMall needle nose pliers, reach in and pull. No drilling required. It's just a roll pin.

WTF!!! Wouldn't that be about the same as arresting someone for having a "sawed off" shotgun because "IF" you take a hacksaw to that full length barrel, you could saw it off "IF" you wanted to? [hmmm] [puke]

Back
Top Bottom