• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Long Island Spring Blast report

Yesterday I shot the LIPSA Spring Blast. 8 stage 237 rounds. Basically 8 30 round stages no classifier.

The Stages were well designed, but pretty straight forward. No memory stages. There was definitely a bias to speed over accuracy. Couple of stages had empty gun starts with 10 round arrays(2 targets then 3 target), which is kind of annoying when you are shooting L-10, especially when you need to reload, charge the gun, open door in 2 steps. But were a lot of good stages that required you going 1 for 1 on steel to stay on your round count

Decided I'm going to need to add a slide lock to the gun. Got caught out a couple of time with a slide down on an empty gun which probably cost me a few seconds each time. 2x on one stage when I reloaded too early and got off my round count[angry]

I'm finding that I am really enjoying shooting iron sights. Especially in L-10, I am a lot more deliberate with my shots. Only took 1 extra shot the match. This was also the first match were my gun ran 100%, which after fixing the sear myself was a surprise.

all and all a good time shooting with a good squad at a new place.

Looking forward to more matches there.

They have a Long Island Championship match later this year, should be another good one

What gun do you shoot for L-10?

cerakote.jpg

Wanted to go but couldn't make it. I shot the LI Championship the past 2 years. great match. It's the best match no one knows about.

Back
Top Bottom