Long range matches in the region 2018

XTR

Some of this is on the combined schedule, but if any are interested in NRA long range shooting there are opportunities.

Forbes Rifle and Pistol in Colonie, NY (just outside of Albany). You must register in advance for their matches. Forbes Rifle & Pistol Club - Long Range Target Shooting in Colonie, New York - Events & Matches
May 12th – 13th
Registered Long Range Palma
800, 900 & 1,000 yards

June 9th – 10th
Registered Long range
3x1000/3x1000

June 30th – July 1st
Registered Long Range Palma
800, 900 & 1,000 yards

September 8th – 9th
Registered Long range
3x1000/3x1000

In Canada
At Connaught Range outside Ottawa (6 hours from Lebanon, NH)
Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (DCRA) - Events
Canadian National Championships F class and TR are held separately. They are back to back Aug 14th - 19th. They run a great match up there. I shot three matches there last yr.

Canadian F Class East Regional Championship in New Brunswick.
June 22-24
This is being put on by the same club that New England shoots against in the Mini Palma at the range in Gagetown. 2018 EASTERN F-CLASS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Personally I'm planning for most if not all of these.

There are probably other matches at Connaught, just not run by DCRA so they aren't on the DCRA site. It's one of the things you have to figure out shooting there.

I never have flown. I drive over.

Have an invitation from the club where you are competing. (they send them to you if you register) fill out the RCMP 909 for the Mounties. Have two copies, do not sign it in advance. Sign it in front of them. Pay $25CN and be on your way. Takes about 15 minutes at the border in VT, NH, or ME. There is a US Customs form that they would like for you to fill out to show that you didn't buy the high dollar rifle in Canada and thereby owe duties on it. I've never done it. They have always used my Canadian registration.

In general, don't take hand guns. If you are going to a handgun competition, someone may be able to help with that.

As plans go this was a washout. I ended up spending the summer on a project in Gulfport, MS; so I shot matches at Bar3 in Laurel, MS; Bayou club in Houston, TX; and Long Range Alley in Shreveport, LA. Then went to Raton and caught the last day of Spirit of America, and shot the FCNC mid range and long range. All in all I am sure I got in more long range shooting than I would have up here.

Back
Top Bottom