Longer barrel for my rifle

Just purchased a bolt action browning ab3 chambered in .308

Browning currently doesn't offer longer barrel upgrades and I've been doing a little research for after market parts which I can't find.

Would a local gunsmith be able and willing to create a new barrel for my rifle? Are there any local gunsmiths able to do so in Massachusetts close to the north shore area.

i can't answer with any certainty but i would think having a barrel made and fit and reblued is gonna cost more than the rifle is worth. have you considered selling or trading your current rife to purchase something that suits your wants/needs?

I'm gonna jump in with a "why?"

I see that gun comes in a min barrel length of 20". Why do you feel you need a longer one? I had a Savage FP10 18" bolt action that was easily sub MOA on a good day with me behind the rifle at 400yds.

Are you going to shoot/hunt beyond 300yds with it? If not I'd spend the money on ammo or reloading gear. Or maybe put it aside as a starter fund for a custom rifle later on to match your wants.

Im sure you can find a smith to take your money, but im almost sure there are better platforms that are more easily upgraded ?
If its the AB3 you must have sell yours and buy the Stalker along Range with 26” barrel? Still cheaper in the long run

Unless the rifle has some sentimental value, it would be cheaper and easier to sell it and get a model with the barrel length you want. Maybe try another manufacturer. Tikka seems popular around that price point.

Back
Top Bottom