Look what I found

no you're not. you HAVE to sell it to me for 3x its value. that's how this works.

sheesh...you've been on NES for long enough to know this already.

talk about playing hard to get.

i'll tell you what, i'll give you 5 times what it's worth, and raise you a pedestal sink.
It's steel core ammunition I remember buying it by the case.

Yup, steel case and core. My wife got me an SKS from ARMCO for Christmas one year. It came with a wood crate filled with the Chinese 7.62x39

Lol, I had one of those ARMCO cases. 1200 rounds of steel case...from West Boylston! [smile]

Soo..how many rolls of Charmin do you want for your Norinco ammo? [pot]

I got 6 boxes of that exact stuff at kittery trading post a few months ago.
.....on the used ammo shelf.

that sounds like a dream, lol.

just to make me hate being born 20 years too late even more, how much were SKS's back then?
I paid $115 for a Russian SKS, vintage 1955. I came wrapped in wax paper and covered in cosmoline. Came with a bayonet and a cleaning kit and that pig skin holder with the oil bottle. Also had one of those tuna cans full of ammo. I forget how many rounds it had.
I only bought one and I remember thinking I should buy a few dozen because someday they'll be worth t least $150

I came late to this game! My first new-in-cosmo chinese SKS was $187 and my first 1000 round box of wolf was $100. It was cheap enough to rationalize using 7.62x39 to cut down small trees...
I still have the wooden Armco crate, but the ammo...well, trees..

Blast from the past sad I sold all the all the guns that shoot it
way back machine! I unloaded all my norinco this past summer both x39 and 223 both yellow and silver box. I got all the money for it! Did not even try, buyers did their own up selling!
think my dad picked most of it up at colemans sporting goods- Braintree or quincy? that was 30 plus years ago. I shot alot of the X39

It was 1993 it was packed in wood crate my friend was a FFL I think he went down to interstate arms to get it he said he never seen so much ammunition.
back then we went to gun shows in NH held in local schools....I honeslty forget where, went to a few not to far north. We would buy all the "corrosive" x39 1660 round cases I think as the non corrosive "hunting" ammo was flooding in. I think a case was $69 the :hunting stuff was $100/1000 ? the 223 stuff steel cased was more money. back then though most of us had bolt guns shooting 35-40 grain bullets out of 1/12 twist rifles..
through out the 80s we picked up a lot of russian 22lr both brass and steel cased Junoir brand mostly. some good stuff really. I think my dad said at one point it cost us .05 cents every 10 rounds or something. Last batch we bought was early 90s. 50k rounds @ $39/5000
Its funny even way back then we needed to go north to buy quantity and price shop.

Back
Top Bottom