• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a good FFL

LLF

NES Member
I am looking for a good FFL.
Specifically, someone who will:
• Be available during normal business hours & occasional Saturdays to answer questions, help with transfers
• Return calls promptly
• Give me definitive "yes" or "no" to prospective transfers
• Be up on the latest C&R guidelines & knowledgeable about transferring collector firearms.
I am in the Boston area. Any and all leads appreciated.
Thank you.

Really , that's a lot to ask.o_O
Anyway not exactly Boston but BK sales natick, four seasons , collectors in stoneham, gfkarmstech just to name a few.
For all things C&R try pack and postal but they might not live up to your normal hour and return call requirements

I am looking for a good FFL.
Specifically, someone who will:
• Be available during normal business hours & occasional Saturdays to answer questions, help with transfers
• Return calls promptly
• Give me definitive "yes" or "no" to prospective transfers
• Be up on the latest C&R guidelines & knowledgeable about transferring collector firearms.
I am in the Boston area. Any and all leads appreciated.
Thank you.
Spalding Smails: I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...

Judge Smails: You'll get nothing, and like it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6l1QljpMo

Another recommendation for Northeast Arms in Peabody. I've emailed Steve when I needed to do transfers and he got back to me within minutes. He's never let me down.

I do all of my out of state transfers through Dan Rau at Armadillo Arms in Shirley. $25 transfer fee is hard to beat. When he's not at his shop he can sometimes be found at Old Glory Guns in Mason, NH. At least I think he still works there part time.

B&K Sales has always been great to me after mediocre to bad experiences with a bunch of other shops. 30 minutes down the pike isn't a bad drive and commuter rail drops you off a block from their shop.

Spalding Smails: I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...

Judge Smails: You'll get nothing, and like it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6l1QljpMo

LOL

Strange trivia - did you know the actress that played the gf went off the deep end??? Like BAD! Like sad case. I was looking for her (saw another film with her in it) and thought "what happened to her?"

A little out of your area but Mark at Holliston Firearms has always been great for this. Been doing my transfers there for a while, plus the small shop is always good for a unique consignment from time to time.

LOL

Strange trivia - did you know the actress that played the gf went off the deep end??? Like BAD! Like sad case. I was looking for her (saw another film with her in it) and thought "what happened to her?"
Yes, I guess she ended up in a mental hospital for some time. I hope she's doing ok. Really seemed like a nice kid. Lovely, actually. As a Father of 3 (2 little girls), I can only have the best wishes for her!!

+5ish? for Northeast Arms, Steve is a good guy and very honest, I've never before had an FFL talk me OUT of buying some dumb unnecessary stuff that I really didn't need or would use.

Whatever shop you end up in don't mention your screen name. You seem just as demanding as my wife.......
I don't mean to be too demanding -- I just want to be treated the way I treat others. I also expect to pay for what I get. I been paying $40 a transaction which is on the high end but I think for that fee I shouldn't have to nag my FFL to send his license, call me when the gun gets in, etc.

Really , that's a lot to ask.o_O
Anyway not exactly Boston but BK sales natick, four seasons , collectors in stoneham, gfkarmstech just to name a few.
For all things C&R try pack and postal but they might not live up to your normal hour and return call requirements
Four Seasons is a great shop, and wonderful service (defined as getting you what you want at a good price, not "no line on a Saturday"), but not the best for transfers if you "push the edge". For example, I do not believe Four Seasons will do a transfer of a stripped frame for a gun not on the EOPS list, even though doing so is legal and does not even require processing a MIRCS entry.

Whatever shop you end up in don't mention your screen name. You seem just as demanding as my wife.......

Right ?

"Oh shit,LLF just left a message on the answering machine...Quick ! Stop all transactions and return his call promptly" lol

Seriously though OP,besides getting your own FFL,you need to be spending a shit ton of money with the dealer to get the things you want...$100 of transfers and a million questions in 6 months is hardly worth any business owner going out of their way to treat you like a special snowflake.

Go to one of the dealers mentioned,spend a bunch of money on new guns and the dealer will go out of their way for you.

Last edited:
This pretty much covers it. Not exactly close to boston, but clearly worth the drive.

It's maybe 20 minutes from garage to door for me. If you can get to the pike easily and it's not during the morning or evening commute it's a piece of cake.

"Oh shit,LLF just left a message on the answering machine...Quick ! Stop all transactions and return his call promptly" lol

Seriously though OP,besides getting your own FFL,you need to be spending a shit ton of money with the dealer to get the things you want...$100 of transfers and a million questions in 6 months is hardly worth any business owner going out of their way to treat you like a special snowflake.

Go to one of the dealers mentioned,spend a bunch of money on new guns and the dealer will go out of their way for you.

Not asking for special treatment, just some help building my collection. Unfortunately I have a liking for older collectible guns, some of which I can get with my FFL 03 but others are more problematic. Actually I have been in contact with a very helpful forum member who may be very useful in this endeavor.
And for the record, with any new purchases I ALWAYS go to a Mass. dealer. I think it would be insulting to ask them to transfer an out-of-state gun that I could have bought from them directly. If it costs me a few more $$ I'd rather pay the money & support a local business.

Back
Top Bottom