Looking for a gun belt

Hey guys I'm looking for a comfortable gun belt, I have one in particular in mind but I'm not sure what its called, or where to find it.

Here is a picture, I ordered this IWB holster from Galco, it's unfortunately backordered 10-12 weeks but I thought maybe I could find the belt in this picture in the mean time.

ezyqu4e8.jpg

The belt looks to be all Velcro and looks comfortable, if anybody has this belt please let me know how you like it and if you know where I might find one, I live in Central Mass.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hanks Amish Belt. Hanks Clothing Amish Belts - CCW Belts - Free Shipping

Very thick and durable belt, and a great bang for your buck. I've had mine for over a year now and couldn't be happier. Since you're not in a huge rush, if you're interested sign up for their newsletter. They frequently have 10% off sales and every once in a while you can catch a 15% off sale as well.

FYI You should have done a search first since there are countless gun belt threads already on here

5.11 tactical in Milford. They have a Velcro one that has a buckle and then velcros so the size is super adjustable and once it's velcroed the buckle can't slip loose

The pic is probably of Galco's version of the instructor belt - basically a clone of the Wilderness belt. The Galco belt is OK but... get the Wilderness one.

I have the Wilderness instructor belt. It's outstanding. Holds my EDC, as well as when I carry my 1911, just fine.

I do wish it had a better buckle that would allow you to set the length right, but easily un-buckle and re-buckle it. Having to go to the john and re-set the wilderness belt's buckle arrangement is a PITA.

Ares armor belt. Just got mine in. It's fantastic. Its my third attempt at different gun belts, and I won't be going anywhere else.

Ares armor belt. Just got mine in. It's fantastic. Its my third attempt at different gun belts, and I won't be going anywhere else.

The "Cobra Buckle Rigger's Belt" shown at the Ares Armor site is exactly what I'd be looking for. 5.11 calls theirs the "Maverick Assaulter's Belt". Two good takes on a similar solution. Can't see how the 5.11 version is worth the premium.

Very thick and durable belt, and a great bang for your buck. I've had mine for over a year now and couldn't be happier. Since you're not in a huge rush, if you're interested sign up for their newsletter. They frequently have 10% off sales and every once in a while you can catch a 15% off sale as well.

FYI You should have done a search first since there are countless gun belt threads already on here
+1 on the Amish belt. for 29 dollars it can't be beat. If you do decide go up two sizes if you carry IWB

I'll bet a dollar that that's one of the 'Beltman's Belts" in ATL. I own three. They will never, ever collapse on you and they are all custom made just for you. you can contact him here:

Gun Belts by The Belt Man If I'm not mistaken you can pick your hide. Follow the simple instructions he has on his site. They make excellent personal gifts and will last a lifetime. He even offers to tune them up after a few years.

Rome

I actually found a pretty good one at High Country Workwear, it is not a "gun belt" by design but is a thick and very sturdy belt. Plus it is versatile enough I can wear with a suit or jeans an holds my Sig 232 IWB just fine. Pretty inexpensive as well.

I vote hanks.

+1 more for Hanks. Discreet, no frills and made sturdy. Free shipping right now too. Measure your belt, consult the sizing diagrams, and add 2" play if for IWB (ex: 34" waist = 38" belt).

As for what style to get, I'd recommend looking at your current, everyday belts and getting something that looks similar.

I wear jeans most of the time, so a heavy-duty nylon belt with a velcro overlay would stick out. If anything, I'd prefer to look like a boring Amish dude rather than a guy with a funny belt.

If you're really into the "tacticool" fashion statement, then drop the $90 on a 5.11 nylon belt with the rappelling clipamajigger, because a boring $30 leather belt would really jump out.

Last edited:
5.11 tactical in Milford. They have a Velcro one that has a buckle and then velcros so the size is super adjustable and once it's velcroed the buckle can't slip loose

Haha that's perfect! I work in Worcester but I pickup my son from daycare in Milford today! Gonna have to stop by there and check it out...

Thanks everyone for your help

That's the belt that I wear and it's great, I bought it online from LA Police Gear. They sell all of the 5.11 stuff at Shooter's Outpost in Hookset, NH if you don't mind taking the ride...

+1 got 2 great belts...

did NOT read thread, didn't care.

A&G Gun Leather - quick-ship program.

make sure you plus 1 or 2 your size even if you're NOT fat. they run about 1 size small.

Last edited:
That's the belt that I wear and it's great, I bought it online from LA Police Gear. They sell all of the 5.11 stuff at Shooter's Outpost in Hookset, NH if you don't mind taking the ride...

I just love how adjustable it is, your not limited to 1 inch holes and when velcroed the nylon can't slip at all!

Hey guys I'm looking for a comfortable gun belt, I have one in particular in mind but I'm not sure what its called, or where to find it.

Here is a picture, I ordered this IWB holster from Galco, it's unfortunately backordered 10-12 weeks but I thought maybe I could find the belt in this picture in the mean time.

ezyqu4e8.jpg

The belt looks to be all Velcro and looks comfortable, if anybody has this belt please let me know how you like it and if you know where I might find one, I live in Central Mass.

Thanks!

It looks like my 511 Tactical. Great belt, bought it on Amazon for around $38. Well worth the investment!

I just love how adjustable it is, your not limited to 1 inch holes and when velcroed the nylon can't slip at all!

+1
just remember to buy it a bit larger than you'd usually buy your belts as you'll need the couple of extra inches to accommodate your gun and IWB holster. Go to 511 website and they'll have a sizing chart for you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom