• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a gun belt

I wear jeans most of the time, so a heavy-duty nylon belt with a velcro overlay would stick out. If anything, I'd prefer to look like a boring Amish dude rather than a guy with a funny belt.

If you're really into the "tacticool" fashion statement, then drop the $90 on a 5.11 nylon belt with the rappelling clipamajigger, because a boring $30 leather belt would really jump out.

As a hetero female, may I just say that I truly cannot remember the last time I noticed ANYTHING about a man's belt (barring cowboy/western belts). Most likely, the last time a man's belt got any kind of conscious reaction out of me, it was probably for being something waaaay too metro or girly. Like, something with rainbows or little cartoon animals.

"I wear jeans most of the time, so a heavy-duty nylon belt with a velcro overlay would stick out. If anything, I'd prefer to look like a boring Amish dude rather than a guy with a funny belt."

I can't say that anybody has ever said anything about my belt, nor have I ever noticed anybody else's belt. In fact im wearing my ares armor belt at work today, office setting. I'm just not a fan of leather gun belts as they tend to warp/twist.

As a hetero female, may I just say that I truly cannot remember the last time I noticed ANYTHING about a man's belt (barring cowboy/western belts). Most likely, the last time a man's belt got any kind of conscious reaction out of me, it was probably for being something waaaay too metro or girly. Like, something with rainbows or little cartoon animals.

I need an Amish belt.

And metro like those belts with the holes in them, like grommets?

Thanks for the link Nicole - just got one in "Calico Humpback" for my next mid-summer evening stroll in Edgartown.

My point is concealed means concealed. Stuff that's different draws attention.

Nobody mentioning it doesn't mean nobody's noticed; think of mullets, office cleavage, a stain on a tie, scuffed shoes at a wedding, mismatched socks, a Blackberry, men with tramp stamps. These all draw attention and make unintended(?) statements, but nobody's asking about it.

Look at OPs pic - the guy's outfit is 95% "Marshall's shopper" and his belt obviously isn't. Makes you go "hmmm..."

Last edited:
There are lots of good belts out there. I have a Beltman that I love. It's a bit like wearing a hula hoop at first but as it breaks in it gets a lot more comfortable. I'd venture to say the belt will long outlast me. The good thing is it's dressy enough to wear with anything but doesn't look weird with jeans. I pack a G17 with a 17 round pre-ban and carry two spare 17 round pre-bans and I don't even know they are there and I'm not a big guy. 6' and 170 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom