• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a gun rack

Looking for a reasonably priced wall mountable gun rack, something like you would see in a gun store that could hold 10 or 12 rifles vertically. Preferably expandable by adding more sections. Don't have the tools or expertise to build it myself. Have seen the 4 gun horizontal units for $20. Someone has to make a vertical unit.

Stacy: Well, don't you want to open your present?
Wayne Campbell: If it's a severed head I'm going to be very upset
Stacy: Open it.
Wayne Campbell: What is it?
Stacy: It's a gun rack.
Wayne Campbell: A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?
Stacy: You don't like it? Fine. You know Wayne, if you're not careful, you're going to lose me.
Wayne Campbell: I lost you 2 months ago. We broke up. Are you mental? Get the net!

Sorry, that's what I think of whenever I hear gun rack.

Looking for a reasonably priced wall mountable gun rack, something like you would see in a gun store that could hold 10 or 12 rifles vertically. Preferably expandable by adding more sections. Don't have the tools or expertise to build it myself. Have seen the 4 gun horizontal units for $20. Someone has to make a vertical unit.

What kind of gun rack? Something to keep your firearms secure or something to display?

I say build one yourself. A few pieces of cut pine (just about any lumber company will cut wood to the specs you need), cordless drill with a hole saw bit, and some brackets are all you need.

I'm not that handy with woodworking but if I can can build a two level set of racks, just about anyone can build one.

Last edited:
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRacks02.htm

Appears to be in the right price range. Anyone had any experience with these folks?

That seems to be a good option for use inside a secured gun room, but otherwise, I don't see any provision for security, unless you're planning to use trigger locks. Trigger locks would deal with unauthorized access, but obviously no protection against theft.

Back
Top Bottom