• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Delete found

Once you have sharp things, you gotta keep them sharp. I was a Arkansas Wetstone guy since a Boy Scout but switched to a Ken Onion belt sharpening system a few years back. It does pen knives and scissors to lawn mower and axe blades as well as everything in between. Well worth the expense.
Got the Blade Grinding attachment, now sold with the motor as the Elite or something. It is about all I use now for anything not chisel ground.

Cutco steak knives. Forget your $200 thought unless you're cutting your steak on a wood cutting board. Otherwise, that nice ceramic plate will dull the hell out of that nice steak knife.

I watch cooking shows like ATK and such and they take a nice smooth steak knife and attack the plate. GAH!!!! Of course, these same people have these strange notions of how to sharpen and steel (that's really funny to watch) knives. They explain teh process and then do the OPPOSITE of what they recommend should be done. Great job!

Cutco steak knives. Forget your $200 thought unless you're cutting your steak on a wood cutting board. Otherwise, that nice ceramic plate will dull the hell out of that nice steak knife.
I have a set of Lamson steak knives that were from a custom run they did for a high end steak house.

I strop them and you could shave with them. I only put them out with certain guests that I trust not to cut into the plate after I had to fix the edges a couple times.

A little off topic, but. Has anyone gone out to the Dexter factory outlet recently? I need a good boning knife and maybe a fillet knife. I’m sure they have steak knives as well.
There’s a knife making company named Dexter? That’s hilarious.

When I go to dinner I always carry my CRKT crossbones, it makes for a great folding steak knife. I can’t stand using serrated bulky steak knives that all the restaurants seem to have.

kbk0014.jpg

Just cant see $200 for acsteak knife, but hey you got the spending power god bless
Well, I wouldn’t get a set of 8 or anything.

When you look at a production fixed blade from Benchmade etc, this is fairly competitive.

I have three of four knives from Ken including an earlier version of this one. They are well made.

When I met my wife (nearly 25 years ago), she had a pair of steak knives she’d liberated from a Pizza Hut. We still have those steak knives, and they still cut steak like champs.

Back
Top Bottom