Looking for a new Cary gun

Martinilover

NES Member
Just became a paying member so please go easy on me.

Looking for a new carry gun (and God help me because i live in MA).
Would like some recommendations. I am trying to find a hammer gun with a de-cocker in a compact size. My ideal pistol would be a CZ 2075 Rami but good luck finding one used in MA.
Anyone have any thoughts? I only cary hammer guns so that limits things for compact pistols. Sig may have a few good ones but i have never carried a Sig.

trying to find a hammer gun with a de-cocker in a compact size.
CLICK HERE. You're welcome.

Same size as a Glock G19 (which many people think is OK to carry), maybe a bit smaller. Solid as a rock. Dependable as heck. Takes older Ruger 15 round (and greater) magazines. With a rubber "Glock sock" grip thing, it feels and handles great.

Last edited:
Sig P938 is my choice in a compact, too, though it might not fit your requirements (no decocker). But that thing is fun, handy, concealable, and accurate. So who needs a decocker?

I don’t think the 938 has a decocker. Find an HK45C unless you have an aversion to 45ACP - I love mine.

As far as Sig is concerned, I have a P220 that I like as a range gun, but is too big to be a comfortable daily for my frame.

Would like some recommendations. I am trying to find a hammer gun with a de-cocker in a compact size. My ideal pistol would be a CZ 2075 Rami but good luck finding one used in MA.
Anyone have any thoughts? I only cary hammer guns so that limits things for compact pistols. Sig may have a few good ones but i have never carried a Sig.

You need to lose the anti striker BS, stat. You're annihilating your choices by 90%.

Good compact DA/SA options

92X centurion or compact
P229
HK P2000 or P30SK
CZ compact, PCR or RAMI

my carry is a 92 full size mixed up with a P229 in 357 sig or a G17 with TLR-1. In MA used sigs tend to be relatively cheap due to their abundance. The CZ’s are not my preference but they are easily available in MA as well. One perk w the 92 full size or centurion is that 15 rd pre-94 mags are everywhere and cheap.

You need to lose the anti striker BS, stat. You're annihilating your choices by 90%.

I'm curious why MartiniLover has this opinion.

My first carry gun was hammer fired with a safety (as I was initially uncomfortable with firearms with no safety). Possibly, that may be the reason for his opinion.

I carry guns without safeties now, but I understand why people have that initial faulty opinion. It could also be due to striker fired guns from FFL's in this state needing trigger work before having a decent pull weight.

Last edited:

Welcome! Carry gun? Now that's a loaded question. LOL. What I mean by that is to some people a Dessert Eagle in 50AE is a carry gun, but to others, it's not. Now if I didn't care about the size or weight of a pistol my Beretta 92 FS would be the perfect pistol to carry. It's 100% reliable, has a very good trigger, and is fairly accurate. Unfortunately, my Beretta is way too big for me to carry around. I have owned the Sig P-239 and it's a decent carry pistol, a little heavy but not as heavy as my Beretta. Sadly, almost everything today is striker-fired and made of plastic. Maybe a used S&W third-generation pistol could work for you. Over the years I've owned several of those and found them to be reliable. Good luck finding something and safe shooting.

Back
Top Bottom