• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a solid .308 M5 barrel.

@bigblue

Please see my updates.

It WAS the barrel. I’m 1/2 moa at 200 yards now.

I appreciate all the help here.
congrats, i did not see the update. so the new barrel was a BA mid range? nice to see it worked out so well.
it is a lottery somewhat with the barrels, i guess sometimes you may just get a lemon.

who said 308 is AIDS and tried to flip you to 6.5 Brokeback.
:)
a silly thing to call any caliber aids, but, i've got to tell you - i ' m VERY pleased with how soft my light new build shoots. it feels just like a .223 recoil wise.
i settled on 43.3gr charge to get better velocity. a 16" faxon big gunner manbun barrel, and everything works and cycles just fine.
ruger sfar kicks like a mule compared to that build.
1705763583145.png
1705763607479.png

308 is still AIDS. You can still lead a normal shooting life with it, but the AIDS is there.
The Magic Johnson of calibers? [rofl]

Up to mid range distances (600 yds) 308 is close enough to 6.5 Brokeback in drop and drift but will deliver greater energy to the target. Beyond that I'd take 6.5 all day. For iron sight shooting ~100 to 200 yards? 308 all day, every day-

XLqYAnM.jpg

I really need to put a scope on this thing and see what it will do when my old f-ing eyes aren't a hindrance.

I'll say this- 6.5 Manbun has become so popular you can find it just about anywhere. I even found a place in an Asian train station that was selling 6.5 Metrosexual-

EinlIFT.jpg

BA premium blemished. 20”.

I’ll send aero an email see what I can do about the old barrel
Aero outsourced all barrels to BA. Some are just lemons. See if you can get any money, but I think best outcome will be a barrel swap, you can sell it later.

Aero outsourced all barrels to BA. Some are just lemons. See if you can get any money, but I think best outcome will be a barrel swap, you can sell it later.
Yup. My hope is a replacement. But I’ll bet it will take a lot of effort to convince them.

Yup. My hope is a replacement. But I’ll bet it will take a lot of effort to convince them.
it depends... the thing that you did not keep photos or original bad groups will not be helping. but, well, you should try anyway.

it depends... the thing that you did not keep photos or original bad groups will not be helping. but, well, you should try anyway.
Yup. I know that will prob make this tough.

I can have a sniper @Broc back me up.

So with his clout, I should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom