Looking for an instructor on the South Shore

Mass-diver

NES Member
Hi Guys,

This looks like a very interesting BB! I was refered here by LenS over on CombatCarry.

Here's my situation, I'm very strongly considering going out to S&W in Springfield in the next few weeks/months to take their Tactial Pistol course. The course is basicaly an intro. course that builds some basic skills: stance, grip etc with an intro to shooting against the clock. The course prepares one to then take their more advanced Combat course.

The issue is that I live on the South Shore (in Cohasset) and I'm not looking forward to the 2hour drive out to Western MA. I also think it would be nice to have an instructor closer to home. I'm looking for an intro to Concealed Carry Class that will make sure I have some basic skills (drawing, recovering, etc) that I can then practice for a bit before taking a more advanced class. I'm looking for an instructor who is certified to do more than just teach basic NRA saftery certs. I want the focus to be on concealed carry.

I'd probably be taking the course with my Dad (I'm 28) we both have MA Class A LTCs. I carry a Glock 30. I'm a member of the Marshfield R&G.

I'd also appreciate any feedback on the S&W classes. Should I just suck it up and head out there?

Thanks so much!

After you brush up on those skills, you and your father should consider taking The Art of Concealed Carry, a seminar Jon Green and I offer at the GOAL Foundation.

We occassionally take this program on the road, so there is a strong possibility we may be coming to a location near you.

To check out the agenda for this seminar, visit www.goal.org and look in the Training section.

Darius Arbabi

Welcome and I'm glad you took me up on the invitation! [wink]

Your first reply is from one of the NEShooters.com instructors that I told you about on CC. This is the absolute best you are going to get in this area.

Darius is right, The Art of Concealed Carry should be an excellent seminar. Just be aware that it is a classroom only event, no shooting. I've arranged for Mansfield F&G www.mansfieldfish.com to sponsor it on November 28th. It is full, but I don't know if they are taking people's names for a wait-list or not. You could call GOAL and ask them (they are booking the event).

Back
Top Bottom