Looking for cheap .223 Ammo

Billy2

Instructor
NES Member
Any one know who has the best case prices on .223 in Ma or even new england. I want to pick up a thousand rounds and the price has gone way through the roof. I tried to get some shipped but can't find anyone willing to ship to the state.

Thanks

Bill

Last time I inquired, the price for Wolf steel case was $235 per case locally.

If you find a bargain let us all know ............... I'll take 1000 rounds.

[laugh2]

Tough crowd. Unfortunately I don't shoot enough to purchase that much and with the ammo price it is and going up I might not be able to shoot anymore than 50 rds at a time. I usually buy 223 from walmart and dicks. Brown bear and wolf were 3.99 for 20 rds a few months ago in which I bought 4 or 5 boxes. I did get a few milsurp for 8.99/20 but that was just to try out.

If it wasn't for the fact that I got my AR for a good price I wouldn't have bothered getting one at all due to the ammo cost. Just look at the classifieds. Lots of ARs for sale.

Last edited:
I did a web search and found 1000 rounds for 300 plus shipping. And guess where they said they would ship???

Oh and I hate wolf ammo had a round lock up a glock of mine and I had to take a hammer to it to open the action... Never again

Any one know who has the best case prices on .223 in Ma or even new england. I want to pick up a thousand rounds and the price has gone way through the roof. I tried to get some shipped but can't find anyone willing to ship to the state.

Thanks

Bill

Right now, there is no such thing as cheap 223. If you find it you will pay. Prices have gone wild and I don't see them going down until we see the metal prices drop.

The best supplier I had has gone up $100 per 1000 rounds in the last year.

Try Sellier&Bellot, thats what I shoot. It's not to expensive and I've never had a problem with it. I buy .223, 9mm, and .40. Four Seasons should get you a good price.

is this a good price?

Case stock up

In stock now or on the way within the week - Some items new to TDS - All items have reduced case prices - order now

Lake City M855 62grn Green Tip Penetrators! 1000 rounds loose pack case - $425 plus shipping.

-

Wolf Mil Classic - .223 55grn FMJ - Case of 1000 rounds - $250.00

Golden Tiger -7.62X39 124grn FMJ - Case of 1000 rounds - $195.00

Golden Tiger is made in the Tulia Russia factory

Speer Lawman - .45 230grn FMJ - Case of 1000 rounds - $315.00

Speer Lawman - .40 180grn FMJ - Case of 1000 rounds - $273.00

Speer Lawman is great practice/match ammo

Federal Classic Hi-Shock - .40 155grn JHP - Case of 1000 rounds - $295.00

All prices are plus shipping. Cases only at these prices. Email with your zip code for a total to your door price.

WWW.TDS-US.COM

Try Sellier&Bellot, thats what I shoot. It's not to expensive and I've never had a problem with it. I buy .223, 9mm, and .40. Four Seasons should get you a good price.

Beware though, with S+B if shooting steel targets.... not sure if it
is still the case, but S+B .223 has been known to damage or completely
penetrate some steel targets. It's fine for punching
paper for keep that stuff away from action shooting matches, or
away from steel that is worth anything.

-Mike

I've always had good results with S&B.

ANY M855/SS109 ammo will damage steel backstops. Note also that Barnaul (Russian) ammo has a mild steel jacket under that copper plating, While not as bad as the SS 109 penetrator, it does some damage.

Back
Top Bottom