Looking for Gunssmith who is wingshooter.

Hello, not sure of the best place to post this but we are looking to get our shotguns set up for a better fit.

This is such a science so rather go to a smith who is a wingshooter who's bailiwick is proper gun fit.

Got a SXS and Beretta Auto I would like to have tweaked.

My buddy also wants his guns modified.

Any suggestions? Closer to Boston the better but, have gun will travel.

Rustblue Gunsmithing in Natick would be my recommendation.

I had a SKB SxS tweaked by adding wood to the comb. Looks great and I can now see the bead. Only downside was I couldn't use the old pad and had to have a new one put on but not a big deal.

I had a shotgun fitted to me by using/shooting a "try gun". Basically a multi position adjustable shotgun and when it fit, mounted to POA, and I started busting clays like a champ, we took measurements of the gun and modified my set-up. The modifications were minimal enough that my stock was used, as opposed to having a new stock set made. Most people will benefit from cast and LOP adjustment.

I had a shotgun fitted to me by using/shooting a "try gun". Basically a multi position adjustable shotgun and when it fit, mounted to POA, and I started busting clays like a champ, we took measurements of the gun and modified my set-up. The modifications were minimal enough that my stock was used, as opposed to having a new stock set made. Most people will benefit from cast and LOP adjustment.

Where did you get this done? I am also interested. In metrowest if possible.

Coles is the master stock fitter in New England, if you are a competitive clay shooter that is the way to go. Sergey at Rust Blue is damn good, if you want the shotgun to fit better for all around shooting he is your guy.

Back
Top Bottom