Looking for shoot pits in NH, are there any in the Hampstead area?

I live in Hampstead (moved here recently) and have definitely heard gunshots not too far off, but not sure where to look for them. I don't see any official ranges nearby on Google, so wondering if there is a shoot pit/unofficial range somewhere in this area that is used by locals?

I live in Hampstead (moved here recently) and have definitely heard gunshots not too far off, but not sure where to look for them. I don't see any official ranges nearby on Google, so wondering if there is a shoot pit/unofficial range somewhere in this area that is used by locals?

Dude nobody is going to talk about this in public. You need to start networking with some of the locals. I realize in the age of covid this is difficult, but that's how stuff is done. Even on faceplant people dont post stuff like that in the open, because that's how those things get shut down.

Its also in the middle of duck season in the nh coastal zone.......you sure that's not what you are hearing?

There's also plenty of guys still deer hunting. If he's hearing one pop every few minutes, probably a guy shotgun deer hunting.
Also a possibility.

Where I'm hunting deer in the morning I know when it's legal shooting time......there is a group of duck hunters nearby and they unleash a barage of gunfire at exactly legal light 🤣

Locals ain't gonna give up their secret shooting' holes.

I reside in the town next door. There is no "shoot pit" . The days of the 70's and early 80's where you could walk out into a giant empty pit or field and shoot are gone forever. Every parcel of land belongs to someone and in this day and age it's all about liability. Join a rod and gun club, best option.

Honestly, I'm tempted to google earth myself a place in state or national forests, do a bit of research on the area, walk in and shoot for a bit.

I reside in the town next door. There is no "shoot pit" . The days of the 70's and early 80's where you could walk out into a giant empty pit or field and shoot are gone forever. Every parcel of land belongs to someone and in this day and age it's all about liability. Join a rod and gun club, best option.

those days are not gone , again it happens in my neighborhood daily, they are shooting in the conservation land across from me literally every day

I disagree. If the land isn’t posted it’s open to recreational use, to include shooting.
Ive had plenty of luck talking to locals and getting to know the not so secret spots. Our gun store is also a paint shop, and they donated a bunch of paint to my kids who wanted to cover up graffiti, which put us squarely in the good guy camp.

I remember going to VT in the 80's with my dad just asking and people would tell what sandpit to go shoot in. No problem, no worries, we were NYers they didn't care just go and shoot over there or the one over there or the one... America you are missed.

I live in Hampstead (moved here recently) and have definitely heard gunshots not too far off, ...
C7Ud---U8AIdBYV.jpg

[rofl]

There's also plenty of guys still deer hunting. If he's hearing one pop every few minutes, probably a guy shotgun deer hunting.
qVZ3eIy.gif

Sorry, couldn't help myself

Going to echo what others have said here and say get out and meet some locals. I’ve seen too many good 4x4 spots, snowmobile trails, and sandpits get shut down due to the few who mess it up for everybody. And most of the stuff that i’ve seen thats shut down has been closed long before I was around.

Back
Top Bottom