Looking to build first AR

I’m not personally putting everything together as I don’t have anyone to properly show me. But, I am gathering piece by piece.

I have my lower finished. I’m looking for .223 14.5 Wylde barrel, most likely going with TimberCreek Handguard. Love BCM and SOLGW.

What sites can I shop these brands? Having a tough time getting them together

I primarily use Optics Planet (easy to find a coupon code) and Brownells. I've occasionally ordered barrels directly from Faxon Firearms. Good luck with your build.

I’m not personally putting everything together as I don’t have anyone to properly show me. But, I am gathering piece by piece.

I have my lower finished. I’m looking for .223 14.5 Wylde barrel, most likely going with TimberCreek Handguard. Love BCM and SOLGW.

What sites can I shop these brands? Having a tough time getting them together
theres multiple vendors, to many really. Have fun in your search. If you have assembled your lower you built 88% of the rifle. spinning on a barrel and hanguards is easier

What are some recommended barrel manufacturers?
Depends on end use and price range.
Shileen , bartlet, wilson, krieger, Criterion, douglas , green mountain , faxon and theres several more. No particular order some are much more expensive than others...

Last edited:
Might want to check out gun.deals now and then. They pull offers from various manufacturers and sellers. Even if the current deals aren't exactly "deals", it still does a nice job of making you aware of some good shops you might not have found yourself. On a good day, you can find some really hot pricing too.

i've gotton a lot of stuff from bcm over the years, but not recently. has bcm for sure shut massachusetts out?

I primarily use Optics Planet (easy to find a coupon code) and Brownells. I've occasionally ordered barrels directly from Faxon Firearms. Good luck with your build.

Careful with Optics Planet. They have been having MAJOR shipping issues. But the pricing is generally good...

OP; if I were to "do it all over again" I'd just buy a complete BCM 14.5 or 16" RECCE.

Back
Top Bottom