Looking to buy a 45 in a couple months agree with the list?

Saw this list for best 45's. Looking to get a 45 for fall and winter carry and was doing some research. I see the majority of these on multiple lists. Thought I'd throw this list out there for opinions. Thanks

https://skyaboveus.com/hunting-shooting/top-10-45-pistols-to-own

Not for nothing but any list that has a taurus product as the number 3 of any gun to own is a list you can ignore. I closed the page the second I saw it.

Taurus?!?!? Fu€king really?!???

Now....for fall winter carry you'll not go wrong with any "compact" Glock smith or sig. Just try em and see what you shoot best.

Not for nothing but any list that has a taurus product as the number 3 of any gun to own is a list you can ignore. I closed the page the second I saw it.

Taurus?!?!? Fu€king really?!???

Now....for fall winter carry you'll not go wrong with any "compact" Glock smith or sig. Just try em and see what you shoot best.

And a third for good measure.

http://www.goodgamehunting.com/best-45-pistol/

Taurus Gain really? Your looking for a defensive fire arm right? Not a range toy.

If you want me to take taurus seriously on reliability show me an agency that depends on fire arms for protection in the us that issues taurus. Then I'll think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

At least they put Taurus 5th. Wonder how much Taurus spent on those reviews.

You are not considering Taurus are you? The company that is pushing the "spectrum" and the "curve". [rofl]

Even as an HK45 fanboy, that list is retarded. It incorrectly refers to the beretta "4x4" instead of PX4 and describes the glock 21's top features as "polygonal rifling". Full tilt stupid. That list is worth what I paid for it.

personally the only .45 carry pistols that are worth my time or $$:
-M&P shield 45
-glock 30s
-maybe M&P 45c or HK45c
-XDS-45 if you can stomach giving $$ to Springfield

whatever you do, don't choose a carry pistol based on some online magazine. try to test drive them. for example the shield 45 was a pistol I figured was pointless until I shot the thing and absolutely fell in love w it.

Last edited:
Even as an HK45 fanboy, that list is retarded. I would ignore it as much as possible.

personally the only .45 carry pistols that are worth my time or $$:
-M&P shield 45
-glock 30s
-maybe M&P 45c or HK45c
-XDS-45 if you can stomach giving $$ to Springfield

whatever you do, don't choose a carry pistol based on some online magazine. try to test drive them. for example the shield 45 was a pistol I figured was pointless until I shot the thing and absolutely fell in love w it.

Ok ok I'll concede to h and k.

For carry guns stick to the manufacturers that the agencies trust. They do the testing.....we benefit from it.

Taurus Gain really? Your looking for a defensive fire arm right? Not a range toy.

If you want me to take taurus seriously on reliability show me an agency that depends on fire arms for protection in the us that issues taurus. Then I'll think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

At least they put Taurus 5th. Wonder how much Taurus spent on those reviews.

You are not considering Taurus are you? The company that is pushing the "spectrum" and the "curve". [rofl]

No I'm not considering it at all but thought it would get attention......I'll try some out for sure but just curious to see others experience with the HK or a Sig for example in 45 when it comes to comfort for carry etc. I'm all about trying them out first but it's good to get others points of view too. As Squib said don't choose based on an online magazine but getting all the info you can doesn't hurt either.

No I'm not considering it at all but thought it would get attention......I'll try some out for sure but just curious to see others experience with the HK or a Sig for example in 45 when it comes to comfort for carry etc. I'm all about trying them out first but it's good to get others points of view too. As Squib said don't choose based on an online magazine but getting all the info you can doesn't hurt either.

All makes sense to me. Your going to get your brand fan boys in a minute here pushing their gun. Just have to remember your hands and idea of "comfort" are different. I've shot just about every sig smith Glock out there and they are all reliable as hell. I like smith m and p because it has a low bore axis. Sig makes a dependable gun.....I just dont like the top heavy feel.

Your opinions R gonna be different....but stick to the manufacturers the police agencies go with and you ha e a better chance of getting a reliable tool.

All makes sense to me. Your going to get your brand fan boys in a minute here pushing their gun. Just have to remember your hands and idea of "comfort" are different. I've shot just about every sig smith Glock out there and they are all reliable as hell. I like smith m and p because it has a low bore axis. Sig makes a dependable gun.....I just dont like the top heavy feel.

Your opinions R gonna be different....but stick to the manufacturers the police agencies go with and you ha e a better chance of getting a reliable tool.

Figured as much.....trying to get a feel for if spending an extra 300-400 on a HK vs a MP or Sig is really worth it. Thanks

I would start by narrowing it down between striker fired, standard double action, and single action only. If you don't want to carry cocked and locked that knocks all your traditionlal 1911's right off the list. I have the HK45C, which I love, but my G36 is much easier to carry (love the 36 also). Have a few high end 1911's, but only occasionally carry one of those.

I guess that some of you didn't read the article. The Taurus is/was:

3. Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP OSS

The Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP OSS was developed through direct feedback from Special Forces teams stationed around the world.

It is one of the most advanced firearms in the history of pistols[/B].

Built to meet and/or exceed all requirements laid down by USSOCOM (United States Special Operations Command) for its new sidearm, this extreme duty pistol offers unprecedented reliability, durability, accuracy, and ergonomic functionality.

The 24/7 .45 ACP OSS is capable of firing thousands of failure-free rounds in virtually any environment, whether it be jungle humidity and mud, desert heat and sand, or arctic cold and ice. Its versatility is definitely undeniable. It is packed with features that real-world professionals were asking for and is available in three calibers, .45 ACP, .40 cal., and 9mm.

Now go out and buy one! [laugh]

And you believe all that crap? Note that it does not say ussoc actually did any testing on it.....the manufacturer just claims they built it to meet the standard. [rofl]

the S&W 45 Shield is amazing! (& affordable! - a $75 rebate)

Agreed. I was never a big fan of the shields due to the trigger, but after picking up a .45 on the rebate and throwing an Apex trigger in it, I wouldn't go with anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the S&W 45 Shield is amazing! (& affordable! - a $75 rebate)

Agreed. I was never a big fan of the shields due to the trigger, but after picking up a .45 on the rebate and throwing an Apex trigger in it, I wouldn't go with anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's very concealable too, which is why I carry it more than my G30S in warm weather.

Weren't those the ones that would go full-auto in the holster of Brazilian police cadets while they were running...

Lol

Or goes off while shaking it
[video]https://youtu.be/2fn6GFSwTEw[/video]

Last edited:
Another good choice would be Sig P320 with compact frame in 45.

OP didn't specify what they're looking for (striker, SA, SA/DA, DAO) so it is wide open.

Back
Top Bottom